Skin & Hair Care During Monsoon!
The onset of monsoon rains is a great relief from the scorching summer heat. But the season brings with it humidity, which may not be the best thing for your hair and skin. In order to maintain the originality of your hair and skin, you need to take extra care during the rainy season.
Here e a few tips that may come handy for skin and hair care when monsoon kicks in.
Hair Care Tips
The monsoons usher in hair problems, like greasiness, stickiness, and hair fall. The increased moisture content in the air makes hair look flat and dull, because of which they appear limp. Here is what you can do to retain moisture to the scalp, and increase hair volume –
• To avoid a damp, frizzy, flat look, use a herbal/mild shampoo and conditioner that will help nourish your hair. Avoid using lathering shampoo, as they tend to make your hair rough and dry in this season.
• Tying a neat ponytail is a favourable solution, as your hair tends to get tangled easily in monsoon
• A rejuvenating and therapeutic scalp massage can help revitalize damp hair from the roots
• Oil your hair once or twice a week, preferably with coconut or almond oil
• Thrice a week, wash your hair with lukewarm water
• Use a scarf to shield your hair against adverse weather conditions – sunrays, the rain and the wind – whenever you step outdoor
• Use a thin towel to pat your hair dry after a shower
• If you get drenched in the rain, make sure you wash your hair with a mild shampoo once you get back home. This will help keep your scalp free of germs.
• If you have severe dandruff problems, use an anti-dandruff shampoo to cleanse your scalp thoroughly.
• Always use a wide-toothed comb to brush your hair. This reduces the chances of hair fall.
Skin Care Tips
Due to prolonged exposure to rainwater, your skin tends to shrink and appear gloomy, wrinkled. Another major skin problem that is widely observed during monsoon is the breakout of acne. Besides, the chances of developing fungal infections on the skin also cannot be ruled out during this time of the year. Nevertheless, a simple skincare routine can help you deal with all or at least most of these problems –
• Follow the most trusted skincare regime – cleansing, toning, and moisturizing to get rid of clogged pores, and avoid allergies and fungal infections
• Fungal infections of the toes and nails are also very common during the rainy season – maintain good hygiene and keep them clean to avoid skin problems
• Use a water-based sunscreen lotion that has SPF ranging between 15 and 30, and apply every 3 to 4 hours
• It is best to avoid cosmetic products/make-ups during monsoon, as it may cling to your skin after a downpour, clogging the pores. If you must use cosmetics, go for the ones that are water-resistant.
Although skin and hair problems may seem mild and harmless, but can potentially cause a lot of trouble if not taken care of. Besides, they may give way to embarrassment and emotional trauma, eventually affecting your personality. Following these simple measures can help you get rid of hair and skin problems during monsoon.