Educating yourself is very important, especially when it is about your health. Every year, thousands of people suffer from the burden of unwanted pregnancies; fatal sexually transmitted infections (STI) including H.I.V, all due to the lack of proper knowledge about the practice of protected sex. The only effective way to control the consequences, which are attached with unsafe sex is by introducing sex education on a large scale. It is important to educate the masses, especially the youth, about safe sex to protect them from the dangers, which arise from lack of knowledge about sex.
The following are the benefits of Sex education:
- Precaution against unwanted consequences: When people are provided with proper sex education, chances of them indulging in unsafe sexual practices decrease as they become more careful and aware.
- Ability to tell facts from fiction: In the era of information overload, the youth tend to get carried away by the information they read or see online, most of which are not verified. One of the many benefits of sex education is that people can easily differentiate between facts from myths.
- Positive attitude towards sex: Proper sex education enables the youth to develop a positive attitude towards sex and inculcates a better perception of their bodies. The ones who are extensively educated on the topic of sex tend to shun all sex related misconceptions.
- Informs about the effectiveness and usage of contraception: An important feature of sex education is to impart information about the usage and effectiveness of various methods of contraception. The benefit of sex education ensures that an effective method of contraception is adopted to minimize the risks of transmission of sexual diseases and unwanted pregnancies.
- Information about the risks of abortion: Young people often make a mistake by opting for abortion to deal with the problem of unwanted pregnancy. Due to lack of knowledge, they tend to underestimate the risks, which are involved with abortion. Only people who have been informed adequately on the topic of abortion, as a part of sex education, can foretell the dangers associated with it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.