She Gave you the Gift of Life! While you simply can’t repay her, these 5 Mother’s Day gifts are the next best thing!
Our mothers spend most of their time worrying about everyone else, brushing aside and ignoring her own health conditions. Although, we can't repay her back, but we surely can take care of her, as with growing age our mothers are often are at risk of a range of health conditions including menopause, bone diseases, heart problems and even breast cancer. This Mother’s Day, rather than pretty trinkets, gift her something more long lasting and meaningful; let us give her the gift of health.
Here’s 5 super gift ideas to get you started:
- Help her detox and be stronger, with Yoga: Whether she is a stay-at-home mom or a working mother, Yoga is a great way for her to detox from a stressful working day. Get your mom a Yoga mat and enroll her in Yoga classes, this Mother’s Day. There are numerous benefits of Yoga, not only will it help her burn calories and stay fit, but also the strengthening poses will help her be healthier from within while the deep breathing techniques will help keep the stress of daily life at bay.
- Chart out a healthy yet delicious diet plan for her: A great way to help your mother is to help her get on the healthy track that is to create a diet chart for her. After charting out a healthy yet delicious diet plan for her, the more crucial element is execution, so make sure that she follows it. A healthy diet is essential for her, in order to fight against any health issues. Her diet should include green leafy salads, fruit and vegetables, yoghurt, lentils, and protein rich food. Also women at this age are highly susceptible to bone disease and ailments such as osteoporosis. Ensure that her intake of Calcium and Vitamin D is apropriate to fight the same. You can include delicious recipes for highly nutritional meals, along with the diet plan. A great way to get her excited about this is by being proactive, this Mother’s Day- Cook up one of those delectable healthy meals for your mom and bring her breakfast in bed! If you think special attention would work better, book her a consultation with a dietician who can give her a more professional evaluation and recommendation.
- Treat her like the Queen with a spa voucher: Mothers are superheroes, but even superheroes need a mini vacation (If not a full vacation). A soothing day at the spa could be just the switch off mode she needs to go into. Gift your mother a spa coupon this Mother’s Day, for her to enjoy some no-holds barred pampering. However, once a year is not enough for someone with so many responsibilities to de-stress. Therefore, along with a coupon, make sure that your mother has certain DIY pampering options handy all year round. From soothing herbal oils, loofahs, bath salts, scrubs and hand held body massagers to an electronic neck or back massager; enable your mother to have a spa treatment whenever her heart desires, from the comfort of her home.
- Ensure she has regular, health check-ups: While Mother’s Day is just once a year, you love your mom and want her to be healthy all 365 days. To maintain good health, one needs regular health check-ups. Either moms are too busy to find the time or they tend to not give enough importance, to their own health check-up. While on Mother’s Day you can gift her a full body check up (which everyone should get at least once a year), you can ensure that your mother is healthy on a daily basis, by keeping track of any conditions that she is suffering from and following up with relevant check ups, treatment and other procedures as necessary. Visit the doctor/clinic with her. Not only will you ensure that those visits actually happen at the frequency they should, but also the kind of moral and emotional support she will get from you through this will go a long way in keeping her healthy and happy.
- Help her gear up to stay fit and healthy: The key to staying healthy and fit is regular exercise. While Yoga works effectively for holistic health and well-being, it still may not be enough for your mom to attain all her health and fitness goals. If getting her to join the gym is out of question, bring the gym to her by buying convenient and compact workout equipment such as a treadmill or a spin bike. Not only can she attain major health goals from the comfort of her home, but also you guys can work out together, which will motivate her and even give you more time to bond.