Most of Almost every one of us dreams of a flawless skin. But, your beauty gets a patch of ugliness with the presence of unwanted moles on your skin. Moles develop from cells called melanocytes, which produce pigment melanin that gives skin its color. It is for this reason that the moles are darker than the other parts of the skin. They are usually caused due to hormonal changes.
Here are some common causes behind moles:
- Teenage: It is the stage that sees a lot of hormonal changes and imbalances. This increases the chance of developing moles.
- Pregnancy: It is that period when a woman’s body goes through a hell lot of changes. It doesn’t give rise to more moles but it is responsible for darkening of the existing ones.
- Sunlight: Exposure to sunlight for a prolonged period of time may lead to the formation of moles. These can worsen later by taking the shape of melanoma, or skin cancer.
- Genetics: Researchers believe that genes are responsible for having moles on the body or face.
Types of Moles
It is difficult to identify the various types of moles. They almost look the same. But, on closer scrutiny, you will see the differences. Here are the most common ones:
- Dermal melanocytic naevi: They protrude from the skin. They have a pale hue. They may have hair on them as well.
- Junctional melanocytic naevi: They are either flat or round. They are deep brown or black in colour.
- Compound melanocytic naevi: They protrude from skin. They are light brown in colour.
- Blue naevi: They are dark blue in colour.
- Halo naevi: The moles have a pale circular ring around it.
Home remedies to get rid of moles
Here are some common home-based remedies to treat moles:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It is a strong natural acid. It burns the area and the mole falls off. But, you need to be anti-allergic to the acid. Dip a cotton ball in the acid and apply on the affected part. You will see results in 10 days time.
- Baking soda and Castor oil: The mixture of baking soda and castor oil makes a slow but effective solution for treatment of moles. It also prevents the scars. Castor oil has the ability to disperse any growth of pathogens.
- Flaxseed oil, Ground Flaxseeds and Honey: This is an effective remedy for moles that are raised from the skin. It causes loosening of the edges of the mole. Gradually, the mole falls off due to its application. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.