Testosterone is a male hormone and can perhaps be referred to as the key to male libido. Low testosterone can therefore, create problems in your otherwise smoothly functioning sex life. It can even impair your overall health and it has been known to have severe psychological effects as well. It can lead to social isolation or can make a person suffer from acute inferiority.
Some of the symptoms that can be used to identify low testosterone levels are:
- Erratic moods and irritability: Physical processes of the human body are hugely dependent on testosterone secretions. A decrease in testosterone levels can make a man moody or irritable. He can lose his temper any minute or might feel unnecessarily discouraged.
- Decreased muscle mass: Testosterone is known to be effective in strengthening one's muscles and in building up muscle mass. A man suffering from low testosterone will find it difficult to build muscle strength. Significant changes in lifestyle and regimented exercising might not help when testosterone levels are low.
- Long spells of exhaustion: If you have been facing fatigue for quite some time now, your worries should be concentrated around your hormones for a change. The male hormone testosterone when secreted in less quantity can make you feel tired at the drop of a hat.
- Loss of bone mass: Hormonal imbalances in men, strictly characterized by decreased testosterone levels, can lead to thinning of bone mass. The bones grow weak and brittle and they are become prone to fractures.
- Erectile dysfunction: A problem in your testosterone levels can impair your sex life. Men have been reported instances of erectile dysfunction with lower levels of this hormone. Some have even reported a marked decrease in their libido as well as semen or ejaculate volume.
- Increased hair fall: The health of your hair is greatly influenced by your hormone secretions. Low testosterone can make you suffer from increased hair loss. Bald patches might develop on your scalp. Such bodily changes tend to have psychological effects on a person as well.
Medical approaches to such a condition and risk factors involved.
To treat such a condition one may resort to testosterone injections or to implantable testosterone pellets. When such kinds of treatment are followed up on a regular basis, considerable improvement is noticed. However, the treatment procedures involve certain risks and thus it is best to consult your doctor, who can then prescribe the best combination of medicines and doses for the best effect. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!