The process of ageing differs from person to person. Some tend to age faster than their biological age in comparison to others who look refreshingly younger always. This ageing process often is dependent on your lifestyle, dietary habits and environment and all the other habits that you maintain everyday.
Let's have a look at some of your habits that may be responsible in making you look older:
1. Bad sleeping habits: Your body needs to reinvigorate itself every day and for this to happen, you need to make sleeping a priority. While everyone's sleep requirements are different, seven to eight hours of fruitful sleep is required daily.
2. Having a sweet tooth: Anything in excess is never good, especially when you're not exactly sweet sixteen always. A diet with an over emphasis on sugar, will only add to your waistline. Its end products tend to damage the collagen and the elastin, leading to saggy and wrinkly skin.
3. Smoking: It is a known fact that is damaging to your health, but it also speeds up ageing. Its harmful chemicals deprive your cells of oxygen leading to a pale appearance. They also break down the collagen in the skin, once again leading to wrinkly skin.
4. Drinking: Being a natural diuretic, alcohol causes dehydration. This robs your skin of its natural moisture, making you look much older. It also rids your body of Vitamin A and C that are antioxidants , important for making your skin look supple and well hydrated.
5. Exposure to sun rays: Sun rays only do more harm to your skin than good. Exposure to its ultra-violet rays (UV rays) can weaken your blood cells which can make your skin look leathery. It can lead to pigmentation of skin as well. Sagging and wrinkling follow.
6. Not enough veggies: Veggies are essentially antioxidants that help you look youthful, but they only last for so long and must be replenished daily. It is important to take care of your body and small changes to your everyday routine can go a long way to slow that ageing process and make you look your age - young and refreshing.