Hello, I am Dr Rajesh Pal. I am a physiotherapist and I have 17 years of clinical experience. I have been graduated from Utkal University and I have masters degree in Orthopaedics and physiotherapy. Today we are going to talk about very common problem which people are facing because of technology which is Neck pain.
India is a youth population and youth is technologically driven. So, they use more of laptops, spending more time on phones. So, because of the neck postures get affected and the muscles which control the posture of neck are under tremendous stress and gradually they develop some or other kind of problem which result into Neck pain. Today, I am going to give some tips that how to prevent all such problems.
There are different causes of Neck pain:-
- Posture- One has to beware of their posture. If you keep your neck bent for a long time, then the neck muscles are in acute pressure that creates some kind of knots in that muscle which is called trigger point. So, here is my trick to prevent this that whenever you use your phone, keep the phone in eye level in order to keep your neck in neutral position. This will reduce the stress of trapezius muscle.
- The second commonest cause is stress. We should adapt some technologies and modicfication in our lifestyle to take care of the stress. Under stress, these postural muscle remain in tightened state for a long period of time and that eventually leads to these kind of problems. Try to relax yourself. Go with the time and nature and keep yourself happy. One should not worry about what is happening and what should be the best way because nothing best is available in this world. Go with what is happening.
- The third factor which contribute to these kind of problem is Sleep. Nowadays the sleeping schedule has changd because of work. In some MNCs, there is a culture in which people have to work in the night and sleep during the day. The sleeping pattern has changed and it is causing such kind of problems. So, try to maintain good sleep. Fix a time of sleeping. Keep the environment of the room in such a manner to induce better and relaxing sleep.
- The another important factor is diet. The food we eat, plays an important role. Having a packed or preserved food can lead to muscle injury. This kind of food contains some chemicals which induce such problems. Avoid having these packed food and start having home made fresh food which is more healthy.
- The last thing I want ot share is that spending more time on computer is harmful. Gadgets emit radiations which absorb water from our muscles. AS we know that our body is made up of 80% of the water. If the water quantity get reduced then the muscle problems starts developing. So, keep yourself hydrated. Make sure that you drink one glass of water in every 2 hours.
- Do stretching exercises of neck muscles and shoulders.
If you indulge in such habits, you can easily prevent these problems.
If you want to contact me, I am available on Lybrate and book an appointment there for consulting me.
Thank you for watching this video.