As we age, we lose a significant volume of fat on our faces, chest, legs and other parts of the body. This is a natural phenomenon and it leads to the sagging of skin. This drooping of skin is similar to a situation where our body structure and our dress does not match. The dress becomes loose fitting and out of shape. Laser skin tightening is a feasible option to rejuvenate your skin and is a common treatment prescribed by many cosmetic surgeons. It not only removes wrinkles but also restores your skin to its earlier youthful and glowing self. This cosmetic procedure is used by many people for their facial rejuvenation.
How does laser skin tightening work?
- A burst of energy directed at the facial skin through laser heats up the collagen underneath. Collagen is a substance that holds our skin together and when it is targeted by the laser, this substance restarts working. This procedure leads to the tightening up of the skin.
- Laser skin tightening is a non-invasive procedure and it has absolutely no downtime. The skin gets tightened up almost immediately after the laser treatment. However, optimal results show up after two to three sessions of laser treatment. This kind of skin treatment gives you a glowing, youthful skin. Patients wanting to remove worry lines, wrinkles etc. can opt for this cosmetic procedure.
- When laser targets the collagen underneath the skin, this substance starts regenerating itself and starts attracting collagen from the nearby areas. The final result is a substantial improvement in the skin quality.
Before and during laser skin tightening
- Before you go in for a laser skin tightening session, it is important to remove all make-up, mascara, oils etc. from your face. The clinic technician will then apply a local anesthetic on the chosen portion of the skin and will give you a pair of preventive spectacles. In case the patient has a low level of tolerance to pain induced by this procedure, she may be given an over the counter sedative.
- The skin dermatologist sends brief bursts of laser to the chosen portion of the skin through a set of handheld pads. A continuous supply of fresh air is also sent to the affected area for the patient’s comfort. Each laser skin tightening session lasts for roughly 30 minutes to 45 minutes. For best results, cosmetic dermatologists administer three to four sessions of laser skin tightening to the patients.
- After these sessions are over, the patients may resume their daily chores. Some patients may experience some redness or sores on their affected areas but by and large, there are very few side effects. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!