Common Specialities
{{speciality.keyWord}}
Common Issues
{{issue.keyWord}}
Common Treatments
{{treatment.keyWord}}

Hair Loss - Cosmetic Procedures That Can Help!

Written and reviewed by
MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy, MBBS, PLAB
Dermatologist, Hyderabad  •  18 years experience
Hair Loss - Cosmetic Procedures That Can Help!

Apart from the cosmetic worries, baldness can cause major esteem issues. Hereditary or genetics do contribute to about 95 percent of the cases pertaining to baldness (alopecia) while the remaining 5 percent might be due to the side effects of certain medications, illness, stress or diet. Here is where cosmetic procedures come to your rescue in treating this condition.

  1. Sprinkling colored, powdery fiber sprinkles on one’s scalp helps in covering up the thin hairy regions, hence rendering them a fuller appearance.
  2. Hair pieces or wigs produced from human or synthetic hair actually veils the baldness, furthermore boosting one’s style statement.
  3. Hair transplants are used in filling in one’s bald areas, thereby making it the sole permanent solution to baldness. Tiny strands of hair are eliminated from the areas with thicker growth and substituted in the bald regions.
  4. Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) is a therapy wherein concentrated blood plasma comprising of growth proteins is injected into the scalp through a thin needle to stimulate healing of the wound.
  5. Scalp reduction involves cutting off the bald regions to stitch the rest of the scalp together.
  6. Often, tissue expanders are used to stretch the hair bearing scalp to the adjacent bald area with the help of the tissue expansion technique.
  7. When stress becomes the root cause of hair fall, Astressin-B, a stress-hormone blocker, works to inhibit the stress stimulating hormone.
  8. A natural biological substance known as Extracellular Matrix (ECM) is implanted on the part containing the damaged tissues to speed up healing.
  9. Bontress Lotion, made of red clover extracts, prevents reduction of hair.
  10. Hair multiplication or cloning method requires the extraction of donor hair cells from existing hair follicles, after which the cells are multiplied in a lab for injecting into the bald portions.

In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!

98 people found this helpful