Are you thinking of undergoing a surgical procedure to get rid of your enlarged breasts? This condition, which involves the enlargement of the breast tissue in men is known as gynecomastia. It is commonly referred to as ‘man boobs’. The condition is not always permanent, but is quite embarrassing for any man to face. Among the various modes of treatment of gynecomastia, surgery is considered to be an ideal method after taking into consideration long-term results.
- Usually, this condition requires no treatment. When it occurs because of a certain health condition, professional treatment is required to be carried out.
- Surgery is an effective option for restoring your chest shape, which improves your self-image rapidly.
- During the surgical procedure, a small incision is made on your breasts and all extra breast tissues are eliminated. This results in smaller and flatter breasts.
- Your nipple may also be repositioned during the procedure.
- Surgery is considered to be the best long-term treatment measure for gynecomastia.
- You need to follow a very healthy lifestyle for maintaining your new breast shape.
- An unhealthy lifestyle may lead to the recurrence of gynecomastia, and you should abstain from gaining too much weight and taking drugs.
- Can be performed under tumescent anaesthesia.
Pros and Cons of Gynecomastia surgery
- Usually, breast reduction surgery is not considered to be a very sensible option for reducing man boobs.
- When you are not suffering from a medical condition that demands the surgery, such as having cancerous lumps in the breasts, undergoing a surgery is generally not recommended by a lot of health professionals.
- It is quite expensive and many health professionals consider natural ways for reducing man breasts to be more healthy instead of undergoing invasive procedures.
- For people who want to get rid of their man boobs as soon as possible, and people who are couch potatoes, gynecomastia surgery is the best way.
- In case you are undergoing treatment for gynecomastia for more than a year, and are observing no results or improvements, your gynecomastia may be of chronic type. In such cases, you may need to undergo a surgery for the removal of your glandular breast tissue.
However, there are several side effects that are associated with a gynecomastia surgery. Although there are many options for the management of gynecomastia, such as following a strict diet plan, working out regularly, and making other lifestyle modifications, a surgery is effective for a fast removal of the breast tissues. It is more long-term than any other treatment when followed properly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!