Does Smoking Affect Your Performance in Bed?
Smoking, in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women. Let check out how:
Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health
Yes, Smoking can affect your sexual performance in bed, check out how smoking affects your sexual stamina and decrease sex drive:
- Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
- Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
- Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
- Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
- Early-onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
- Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
- Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage.
Update From Lybrate: Due to stress and hectic lifestyle, sexual bliss has become a dream for many. To keep your sex life alive and kicking, buy these Sexual Wellness Products from Lybrate's GoodKart.