Anemia - It's more common than you think it is.
Written and reviewed by
MBBS, MD - General Medicine, PG Diploma Diabetology, Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Endocrinology and Diabetes
General Physician, Dwarka
Anemia makes you go low on energy. It is usually because your Haemoglobin is lower than normal. Normal range for females is 12- 14 gm & for males 13 - 15 gm. This technically means that the count of your red blood cells is abnormally low, so it can't carry enough oxygen to all parts of your body. This causes paleness and symptoms like generalized weakness, fatigue, low concentration, giddiness, and palpitations .
Follow these 7 home remedies to beat Anemia-
1) Remember the ‘Apple a day’quote - it is more true for an Anemic than for anyone else.
2) Not just Apple, consume a ripe banana with 1 tbsp of honey twice a day. Honey helps in increasing the haemoglobin in blood. It is rich in iron, copper and manganese.
3) Soak handful of currants (munakka) for 4 hours. Remove seeds and have it every morning.
4) Mix a cup of beetroot juice, a cup of apple juice with honey and have it once a day.
5) Have lots of green, leafy vegetables like spinach and cabbage. Tomatoes are very good too.
6) Consume fruits rich in iron such as watermelons, raisins, grapefruits, tomatoes, apples, bananas, oranges, strawberries and avocados.
7) Non vegetarian sources are rich in vitamin B12, which also increases HB. Have egg yolk, meat, seafood like tuna, clams, catfish, salmon, oysters and sardine.
Click on consult privately to ask me any questions that you might have on Anemia. Wishing you good health.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
165 people found this helpful