It is an unfortunate matter that many people, who choose to lose massive amounts of weight, are often bound to bear its side-effects. They are left with saggy skin, unpleasant deposits of fat, etc. They often get an unpleasant body and face great difficulty in finding the right clothes for themselves. You may also develop skin infections and general discomfort, but there is no need to worry.
Plastic surgery has a unique solution to all these problems. Body lift surgery is the best method to get rid of these problems. It is best for patients with excess skin, fat, and tissues that are visible after weight loss. This technique can be applied to the upper, mid or lower body, depending on the location of the excess fat or skin. Sometimes, a combination of these methods is done to get best results.
The method is highly customizable. If you believe that you need body lift surgery, then consult an experienced practitioner for getting effective results. But there are certain points that you must remember before undertaking this surgery. Here’s how you need to prepare yourself for the surgery:
- You should have lost between 30 and 50% of your peak weight.
- You must suffer from drooping skin or fat.
- You should have a stable weight and remember that fluctuations can interfere with the technique. It is advisable that you must wait for at least two years after reaching your weight loss goals. It helps your skin to adjust and adapt to the changes.
- Be in good health before undertaking the surgery as you will have to go through general anaesthesia.
- Keep your pregnancy plans at a bay. Don’t get pregnant after the surgery is done. It will reverse the effects.
- You must be committed to following an excellent nutrition and diet chart. You must exercise and take a balanced diet to avoid fat deposition. It is also advisable that you take protein-rich diet to accelerate your recovery process.
- Do not smoke or indulge in excessive alcoholic drinks.
- Have a realistic approach towards the results. Don’t keep yourself in the fanciful fairytale world of absolute perfectness. Although your surgeon will do his or her best, you may have scars from your incisions. There is also a possibility that your skin may begin to sag with ageing. Therefore, don’t get depressed.
- If you have lost massive weight via some surgery, you might require the permission of your specialist first before undertaking this surgery. He or she will consult with your surgeon and find the best technique for you.
- You will need to check your medical records and conduct physical tests before the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!