Shared 10 months ago • Featured Tip
Homeopathy is considered to be an untested medicine for many. This is why so many patients who have a sore throat immediately turn to tablets, hot water or even syrups to relieve the pain. Different causes of a sore throat will have different remedies. Here are the top homeopathic remedies for different causes of a sore throat.
1. Belladonna: This is the best medicine when there is any difficulty swallowing. It is also very readily available.
2. HeparSulph: Heparsulph is generally used when there is a sensation in your throat which feels like there is some sort of splinter.
3. Phosporus: Phosphorus is a more widely used homeopathic remedy. It is used to treat what is called as 'clergyman's' sore throat. This is when there is a tickling sensation in the larynx.
4. Lachesis: This is also a very uncommon and rarely required medicine. However, sometimes our throat feels sore only when we take liquids. In this case, lachesis is the ideal remedy.
5. Bryonia: Bryonia is a much more common homeopathy. It is used when there is a cough accompanying the sore throat.
6. Merc sol: Tonsilltis is generally considered to be a condition too serious to cure with homeopathy. However, Merc sol does do this effectively. Belladonna is also pretty good at it. They also help with a sore throat.
7. Arsenicum album: This medication is most commonly used when a sore throat is accompanied by a cold.
8. Aconite: Aconite is considered even better than arsenicum album in treating a sore throat which is also accompanied by a cold.
9. Capsicum: This is a great homeopathic rememdy for a pain in the throat which goes all the way to the ears.
10. ArgentiumMetallicum: Argentiummetallicum is used when the soreness of your throat worsens with the use of the voice. Professional singers and public speakers are especially in need of this medicine as they frequently use their voice.
11. Chamomilla: This remedy is especially great for helping cure sore throat in children.
12. BarytaCarbonicum: This is a remedy used for a very similar reason to what chamomilla is used for.