Impotence and sterility are both problems that can affect a man’s sexual health and ability to have children, but in different ways. Infertility in the man can be due to problems producing or releasing sperm. Some causes for infertility include:
• cancer treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation
• diseases such as diabetes or cystic fibrosis
• enlarged veins in the testicles
• exposure to pesticides and other toxins
• alcohol abuse
• use of certain drugs like steroids
• genetic conditions
• injury or surgery to the testicles or other organs in the reproductive system
• mumps or other infections
• sexually transmitted diseases,
• retrograde ejaculation,
HOW IS MALE INFERTILITY OR IMPOTENCY DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of male infertility aims at finding the cause of dysfunction. The general physician may enquire about medications that you are having, any recent injury to private parts, psychological problems Urologist may look for any nerve issues or other health disorders causing Impotence. Diagnostic tests like complete blood count, blood glucose, liver and kidney function tests, lipid profile and endocrine tests help in finding cause of infertility
HOW IS MALE INFERTILITY OR IMPOTENCY TREATED?
Common treatment methods for impotency are: medications, natural remedies and lifestyle changes. Prescribed medication is available for treating impotence. Natural therapies like acupuncture, pomegranate juice and ginseng are known to be effective cures.
DID YOU KNOW?
Though this problem is not life-threatening or causes any kind of side effect it can hamper the morale boost of the male and counselling and therapy is often required.