Stained Teeth is clearly a sign of poor oral hygiene and having products in excess like tea, caffeine, tobacco and nicotine that stain your teeth changing the colour from white to deep cream or even brownish. These teeth, especially front teeth would have strong marks or patterns on them along with an overall discolouration. This can be followed with pain in some teeth also.
HOW IS STAINED TEETH DIAGNOSED?
There are no special diagnostic tests for Stained Teeth. The dentist may perform a complete dental examination to confirm Stained Teeth. The doctor may determine the type of teeth discoloration during dental examination.
HOW IS STAINED TEETH TREATED?
Treatment options to whiten teeth can vary depending on the cause of the discoloration and may include:
• Using proper tooth brushing and flossing techniques
• Avoidance of the foods and beverages that cause stains
• Using over-the-counter whitening agents
• In-home whitening agents purchased from your dentist
• Dental whitening procedures by a dentist such as dental scaling
DID YOU KNOW?
There are also cosmetic restorations that can be used to cover a heavily stained or discolored tooth, regardless of the source. A porcelain veneer, for example, is a thin layer of dental porcelain that’s permanently bonded to the front of a tooth.