Patient reviews for Doctors for Body Weakness in Trivandrum
Vivek K's review for Dr. Krishna Kumar
Doctor was able to identify and suggest the required procedures in Ayurveda treatment due to which I was able to stand straight... Read more reviews
Body weakness may be described as the feeling of being tired or body fatigue due to decrease in the strength of one or more muscles. Weakness may be temporary, but it’s chronic or continuous in some cases. People suffering from certain medical conditions such as chronic fatigue, insomnia, cancer, heart disease, adrenal disease, or influenza may feel weakness in one or many parts of the body. Common causes of body weakness include Common causes of weakness include flu, thyroid disease, anaemia, lack of sleep, poorly controlled or undiagnosed diabetes, congestive heart failure, vitamin B-12 deficiency, medication side effects, polymyositis, etc. Common Symptoms:
• uncontrollable shaking, or tremors
• delayed or slow movement
• muscle twitching
• muscle cramps
HOW IS BODY WEAKNESS DIAGNOSED?
If you are suffering from symptoms like dizzy spells, confusion or chest pain, you must see a general physician so that the cause for your body weakness can be diagnosed. The doctor can use methods like X Rays, MRI Scans, ultrasounds, CT Scans and a thorough physical examination as well as lab tests to find out the cause of your weakness.
HOW IS BODY WEAKNESS TREATED?
Treatment is based on the cause and underlying medical condition. Some examples:
• If it is due to dehydration, increasing fluid intake may help.
• If weakness is due to blood loss, iron supplementation is recommended.
DID YOU KNOW?
Also, you can take measures like hydration and other dietary tweaks to take care of the situation.
Muscle weakness in legs is caused due to the lack of strength of two or more muscles due to high level of activity or many other issues. Many people define the symptom of tiredness, lack of energy and fatigue as a sign of muscle weakness. But it is incorrect technically. Neuro-muscular disease, injury and metabolic disease are all type of muscle weakness and as a result cause weakness in body. Certain serious diseases like cancer, heart disease or influenza may give a feeling of muscular weakness and cause muscular weakness in legs too. Weakness in legs can lead to overall body weakness and you may require visiting a doctor to get proper treatment.
Leg weakness may come up as a generalized feeling of muscular weakness and can develop in one of the muscles. If the weakness in legs occur suddenly and no other valid muscular weakness symptoms is shown, then you can be warned of a possible sign of stroke or potential life threatening condition with your brain being deprived of oxygen. If the weakness in leg is accompanied by weakness in body, body aches, blurred vision, numbness and loss of vision then you should require immediate diagnosis and hospitalization.
The following are the muscular weakness symptoms-
1. Numbness in legs and body which may affect your overall movement and give muscular weakness.
2. Swelling in the legs and other areas like muscular joint accompanied by redness and warmth.
3. Paralysis and complete vulnerability to weakness in body and body aches. One part of your body may not be able to move at all and it will become insensitive.
4. Headaches and body aches accompanied by weakness in body. You will be prescribed medicines and may require scans and treatments.
5. Lack of muscular co-ordination which will give you muscular weakness and weakness in legs and arms. This is the major cause of body aches.
6. Progressive numbness and weakness in legs making you unable to move and walk.
7. Changes in the ability to smell, hearing ability and taste which may make your daily life a bit complex.
8. Higher than 101 degree Fahrenheit fever and this may require you to be observed in intensive care unit of hospital. This will lead to muscular weakness and complete weakness in legs and body.
There are several strategies in which you can control muscular weakness in legs and get relief from body aches and the pain of weakness in body. The notable few that you can follow on a daily basis are mentioned below:
1. Walking- If you walk regularly then you can decrease the chances of muscular weakness and get relief from leg’s weakness. The body muscles are required to be kept in perfect shape and hence you need to go out for walk to keep the blood flow and muscles active. The weakness in body also can be avoided by this single exercise regularly.
2. Breathing- The problem of hyperventilation is the major cause of muscular weakness, body aches, weakness in legs and other health issues. You should learn the art of slow and controlled breathing.
3. Mental Distractions- You should avoid the mental distraction of any particular muscular weakness in legs and body aches. The symptoms of muscular weakness should not distract you from your activities and you should perform some mental and physical exercises like yoga.
Lybrate offers you the best orthopedic doctors and physicians in Vadodara, Visakhapatnam, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad. Subscribe to lybrate and get all the best details about your health check up and book online appointment and get help too!
Call doctors and view Body Weakness treatment cost in Akkulam, Ambalam Jn., Ambalamukku, Anayara, Arasumoodu, Attingal and in any other locality in Trivandrum. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Body Weakness.