Our body is a mechanical wonder, and it is truly amazing how each part, from head to toe, has its own role to play. The foot is one of the most complex mechanisms in the body. The way it works is just so intricate and fascinating! But, due to being so complex, there are a lot of things which have the potential to go wrong and cause a foot to begin to pain.
- Taking into account the various troubles the foot can have, does it not make sense to learn what some of the causes are?
- Sprains and strains are just so common when it comes to the causes of foot pain. That being said, there are quite a lot of people who do not really know how to tell the difference, exactly, between an injury such as this and something which is more serious. This is what causes a lot of terrible injuries to go untreated for quite some time, leading to them getting progressively worse.
- While the name of the condition may be difficult, plantar fasciitis is the fancy name for a swelling up of a certain ligament. Too much pressure causes this to happen. The ligament is the one which is responsible for connecting the heel bone to the toes. When it comes to what is to be done in order to treat this sort of condition, the most important thing is to make sure the foot is rested to a sufficient extent. After all, it is too much use which got the injury to occur in the first place, right?
- In addition to this, heel and foot stretches are of high importance and if the pain is very bad, pain relief medicines are to be taken, but a person should make sure that he or she does not become too reliant on these sort of medicines.
- A stone bruise is something which need not take place due to a stone but the term does quite a good job of explaining why such an injury occurs in the first place. If a hard object is stepped on, it can cause an injury to the heel or to the ball of the foot. Again, in a case like this, it is important to rest the area. Also, applying ice to it will help it go away sooner than it normally would have.
- A heel fracture may have similar causes to a stone bruise but is more intense. Serious medical attention is required as it may not only break the heel but also cause related damage. A wheelchair or crutches are the way to go and a cast is required in most cases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!