Tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgery to make your abdomen look tighter, tauter and more attractive. If your abdomen is saggy, loose and flabby, this procedure removes extra skin and gives the right shape to your tummy area. Below are things you should know about a tummy tuck procedure in India.
- Tummy tuck will not help you lose weight: Lots of people confuse between abdominoplasty and weight loss surgeries. The former only helps tighten your abdomen. You might lose a couple of pounds in the process. However, this will not help you shed a lot of weight.
- You will need to lose weight before the surgery: You will need to get to your ideal weight range before you take up a tummy tuck. This is because once your muscles are tightened, weight fluctuations can disturb the figure and ruin the effect of a tummy tuck.
- Do not opt for tummy tucks if you are planning to get pregnant: A tummy tuck surgery tightens your vertical muscles and this process is reversed when you get pregnant. To avoid losing the effect of a tummy tuck, wait until you are done with all your pregnancies.
- Plan enough time off: Depending on the procedure, you will need a couple of weeks of complete rest before you can get back to your normal schedule. Make sure you can take time off. You should be careful to not lift heavy weights or stress yourself physically to ensure the scar heals well.
- Healing takes time: Though you can get back to normalcy in a few weeks, your body and skin will take time to heal completely. Give it at least a year for everything to look and feel like before.
- Weight maintenance: After you get your taut, flat abdomen, watching your calories and not putting on excess weight is important. This will ensure your figure stays the same.
Do your research, make a conscious decision and be ready to take some effort to make your tummy tuck surgery a success. A taut abdomen mentally and physically makes you more confident and happy! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!