Top 6 Things That Revive Acne Prone Skin
Written and reviewed by
DNB (Dermatology), Fellowship in Dermatological Laser Surgery, Fellowship In Cosmetic Dermatology, Diploma in Venerology & Dermatology (DVD), MBBS
Dermatologist, Andheri West, Mumbai
Top 6 things that revive acne prone skin
Male or female, it affects us all at some point of time in our lives. Stress, pollution, improper diet, high blood sugar, and hormonal imbalance are the main reasons behind acne.
Amongst the external intake related causes caffeine, dairy products, fried food, sweets and cola are the foods to be avoided. Also smoking, as cigarette smoke alters skin lipids and also causes relative deficiency of antioxidants contributing to the onset and/or exacerbation of acne. Alcohol consumptions on the other hand both directly and indirectly causes acne. Heavy drinking or binge drinking does more harm than light drinking.
However, certain foods when included in daily diet, help curb acne.
1. Lots of water - One reasons of acne is when the toxins in our body start reflecting on our skins. It is advisable to drink at least eight glasses of water to flush out the toxins, ensure smooth digestion, regulate acidity and ensure that your skin glows from within.
2. Cool cucumbers - Cucumbers have high water content, along with cooling properties. It has antioxidants, vitamin c and silica which are all good for the skin. Cucumbers are also known to fight inflammation causing enzymes.
3. Nourishing carrots - Carrots are rich in beta carotene and vitamin a. They help cure acne by eliminating the oils and proteins which cause them. Broccoli and green leafy vegetable also serve the same purpose.
4. Saviour berries - Berries have high content of anti-oxidants which prevent the skin from damage within, thus preventing acne and inflammation.
5. Anti-oxidant green tea - Also a rich source of anti-oxidants, green tea is known to balance the blood sugar, which in turn protects the skin from acne.
6. Yummy yogurts - Even though dairy products are known to be bad for acne, yoghurt happens to be very good for prevention of acne. Keep in mind that it is fresh and not too fermented.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
4341 people found this helpful