The onset of monsoon season brings in a sense of joy and peace to our mind – the cool raindrops, soothing winds, coy weather and our taste buds yearn for some hot tea with savoury snacks. Phew! It is finally a relief from the scorching summer heat. The change in weather also means it's time to change your skincare routine. This monsoon, pamper your skin with these tips and keep your skin feeling loved and fresh.
- Cleanse and remove the dirt: Monsoon brings in a lot of dust, which can settle on your skin and damage it, giving it a dull texture. So, it is important to cleanse your skin at least 3 times a day to remove the accumulated grime and oil that can clog your pores.
- Don’t forget to tone: Use an alcohol-free toner to prevent dryness. An anti-bacterial toner is recommended to prevent breakout or infections in your skin during the monsoon.
- Moisturise for a radiant glow: Monsoon tends to have an extra dehydrating effect on dry skin or an over-moisturising effect on oily skin. Use a light lotion-based moisturizer for gentle hydration on your skin and leave your skin feeling soft and supple with a healthy look. For oily skin, use water-based moisturizer to keep the oil secretion in check.
- Continue using sunscreen: The rains do not mean it’s time to stop using your sunscreen. The sun is still there and its UV rays can wreak havoc on your skin. Use a sunscreen even on a cloudy day.
- Avoid heavy makeup: Use water-proof makeup to prevent messy makeup in case of a sudden downpour. Also during monsoon, your skin is prone to catch dirt and infections. So, keep your makeup minimal and natural.
- Stay hydrated and watch your diet: Drink at least eight glasses of water in a day so that humidity does not make your skin look pale and dull. Also, watch what you are eating; it's good to keep away from oily snacks and eat wholesome meals.
- Use natural face packs: Facials and bleaching will make the skin rougher during the rainy season and so, it should be limited. Instead go for home-made natural face packs, based on your skin type and nourish your skin naturally.
- Take essential lip care: Prevent the lips from drying out and cracking. Avoid dark coloured lipsticks and use a good lip balm or apply milk cream regularly to prevent excessive drying.
- Use warm water: Don’t go overboard by using steaming hot water to cleanse your skin. It will make your skin weak and cause damage.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!