Warts are small formations that occur on the skin. They appear in the form of dark protruding bumps or brown flat lesion on the skin surface. Sometimes they might also have tiny black specks on them. Warts usually form on the hands, feet, face and genitals, although they may appear on other parts of the body in some cases.
What causes the formation of warts?
Common warts are caused due to infection of the outermost layer of skin that occurs as a result of viral contamination. The virus that is responsible for this condition belongs to the human papillomavirus (HPV) family.
This infection is highly contagious and easily spreads from one person to the next. It is most likely to occur on skin that is cut or damaged as that allows easy access for the virus to enter the skin system.
How to prevent the formation of warts?
Common warts are contagious and spread very easily. Preventing the spread of the HPV virus can be done through simple steps that will help you avoid getting affected by this condition.
Some of the preventive measures that can be adopted are as follows:
- Picking and scratching on warts should be avoided
- Avoid biting fingernails as gnawing on the skin around the nails makes it more prone to infection
- Grooming, brushing and shaving around infected areas should be done with care
- Moisture and dampness should be avoided as the virus thrives on it
- Do not self-medicate with lime (chuna), garlic, onion or Dettol.
should be done by a qualified dermatologist
. It is simple, safe opd procedure which takes few minutes only and does not leave any scars.