Premature ejaculation is a condition wherein a man ejaculates too quickly with very little sexual stimulation. This also shortens sexual pleasure. It is especially embarrassing and unfulfilling during a sexual intercourse with a partner but can be equally frustrating when masturbating.
There are a few self-help methods which you can implement to remedy this problem-
- Masturbate to orgasm before a sexual encounter – This is a common technique used by many men who have developed premature ejaculation due to hurried masturbation techniques. If you come to orgasm too quickly when you are with a partner resulting in premature ejaculation, it is a good idea to masturbate at least an hour or so before the sexual act. This way you would delay the ejaculation when you are having sex as you won’t feel overtly aroused and would help in delaying the ejaculation the second time.
- Special Medications – There are medications that can be prescribed once you have been evaluated by your doctor. However, the medications are only prescribed in special cases and should be taken with absolute adherence to the prescription.
- Stop and Squeeze Technique – This is a technique which would require some practice over a period of time. In this method, you would be required to practice stopping right before you ejaculate while masturbating. Grab the area right between the shaft and the glans when you are about to ejaculate. This will stop you from ejaculating and help you to extend the time of sexual arousal without climaxing. However, this should be practiced over time until you achieve enough control where you can have extended periods of sexual arousal and activity before achieving orgasm.
- Kegel Exercises – These set of exercises are meant to strengthen the muscle in your pelvic and groin area, giving you better control that lengthens periods of sexual arousal before you climax. In particular, it strengthens the ‘pubococcygeus’ muscle which contracts during an orgasm. This is the muscle which you would clench during urination to stop the flow. You should try contracting and relaxing this muscle through ‘Kegel’ exercises while going through your daily chores or work to build up strength and thus have better control.
- Using thicker condoms during sex – If your penis is hypersensitive and you tend to ejaculate too quickly after entering your partner, you should consider using thicker condoms to ensure less sensitivity. This can work in less severe forms of premature ejaculation, wherein anxiety due to a new partner or hypersensitivity are the primary causes.
- Pelvic floor toning exercises - Pelvic floor exercises can help in improving overall male sexual health. It is done to strengthen muscles so that they can provide support to your organs. Stronger pelvic floor muscles can help in achieving the erection that you need to satisfy your partner. It can ultimately help in preventing premature ejaculation.
- Yoga and Pranayam - Mastering certain breathing exercises, yoga asanas or pranayama will enable you to get rid of anxiety, control your bodily functions and inhibit the production of chemicals that affect your sexual stamina.
- Mulbandh - Some bandhas like mulbandh that means contractions of anal sphincter muscles also helps to treat premature ejaculation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!