Are you experiencing patchy skin, or are noticing symptoms of skin pigmentation? Both these skin conditions require proper attention and treatment as they might be difficult to deal with, especially with regard to your appearance.
Patchy skin on your face denotes a condition known as melasma. This condition is most common in women and is more likely in dark-skinned people. It usually occurs because of hormonal changes within your body. On the other hand, skin pigmentation is a condition in which dark patches appear on your skin.
It results because of the excessive production of melanin, which is responsible for providing color to your skin. You should consider undertaking Ayurvedic treatment for dealing with these skin pigmentations conditions for effective results, without the concern of side effects.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Dark Patches on Skin
There are several ayurvedic treatments for dark patches on the face and other parts. They are as follows:
- You may opt for Siravydha which is a type of bloodletting treatment. This ayurveda treatment helps in letting vitiated blood out of your body. This method is commonly practiced, in spite of being primitive in nature.
- Pralepa involves the application of ointments, herbal pastes, and creams which are also quite effective. Facial oil massage using medicated oils is another ideal Ayurvedic remedy for eliminating patchy skin.
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are used for the treatment of patchy skin.
- There are certain Ayurvedic home remedies that are also considered to be effective.
- You need to mix kumkumadi oil with turmeric powder and aloe vera pulp and prepare a paste. You should apply this paste on the affected area on your face and leave it for around 30 minutes.
- A paste of turmeric powder and aloe vera pulp is also effective. This can be stored in a refrigerator. You may also add ghee to the mixture or paste.
- Sandalwood: Believed to have great benefits on the skin. Mixed with honey or milk or plain sandalwood as a paste is very beneficial to the skin.
- Turmeric: Known as oldest Ayurveda herbs for its skin lightening properties, turmeric can be mixed with milk or aloe vera pulp or ghee and applied on the skin. Alternately, plain turmeric can be rubbed on the skin once or twice a day to reduce blemishes.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Skin pigmentation
You may choose from several Ayurvedic home remedies for dealing with skin pigmentation problems. These include the following:
Tomato Juice: You need to crush a tomato, extract its juice, and add oatmeal with yoghurt to it. You should apply this to the affected areas of your face and let it dry naturally. Wash it off using lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
- Turmeric and Lemon: Another effective ayurvedic remedy for skin pigmentation involves the preparation of a mixture using turmeric powder and lemon juice. You should apply it on your affected skin, leave it to dry, and wash it off after about 15 minutes. Avoid exposing your skin to the sun after this treatment.
- Amazing Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera gel has natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that rejuvenate the skin and help to produce new cells. As a result, when applied to the dark spots, they disappear with regular use leaving behind refreshed and rejuvenated healthy skin.
- Almonds: Ayurvedic cure for skin pigmentation: Dryness is a major cause of excessive melanin, you can combat with natural fatty acid present in almonds. Soak a few almonds in a cup of milk and leave overnight. The next morning, skin the almonds and grind to make a paste with the milk. Apply the paste on your skin and leave until dry.
You should visit an Ayurvedic physician or practitioner to know about the most ideal ayurvedic treatment for dark patches on skin and pigmentation issues, based on your condition and symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Updates From Lybrate: We hope this information was helpful to you. Moreover, you can also check out these ayurvedic products for skin care from Lybrate.