There is increasing scientific evidence regarding the role of diet and micronutrients in the recovery from mental illness.Advantages are that it is nontoxic and acceptable to all and reduce stigma since it can be taken by all.Those with illness and those like to prevent illness.
- There are large number of studies in mainstream journals about its effect in reducing symptoms of depression anxiety and psychosis.
- For example omega 3 fatty acids are proved to be an all round nutrient particularly in mental healfth and brain health.There are about 27000 studies on the health benefits of fishoil suppliments.Likewise vitaminB12 deficiency manifests as depression,anxiety,memory loss and even psychotic symptoms.Chronic deficiency can cause dementia and Alzheimers .
- Mocronutrient suppliments are found to be reducing child behaviour problems,ADHD and impulsive reactions in children.J.Rucklidge,MTaylor etallJL of child and adol2015.
- Vitamin B3 is proved to be the only and wonderful vitamin in schizophrenia and congenital disorders.
- There is dearth of trainned professionals in nutrition and mental health so that service to public is less in this area.Data generation and trainning professionals are need of time.It is becomming highly promising in alleveating distress in mental and brain disorder.