Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Microneedle Radiofrequency Treatment For Acne Scar!

Written and reviewed by
MD - Dermatology, MBBS, DNB (Dermatology)
Dermatologist, Pune  •  12years experience
Microneedle Radiofrequency Treatment For Acne Scar!

Acne is a common skin condition that usually affects people in their teens. Sometimes they are also seen in slightly older people between the ages of 25-35. And even though these usually go away on their own, most of the time they leave your skin with uneven brittle holes or scars. Microneedle Radiofrequency is an innovative treatment procedure that is used to heal acne scars, wrinkles and pores on the face.

Here’s how it works-
Microneedle Radiofrequency penetrates your skin using tiny microscopic needles to a certain depth. It directs heat and radio wave energy to a particular area within the dermis of your skin. The energy from the radio frequency stimulates natural regeneration of collagen in the skin. It gives your skin a smoother appearance and helps fill in the imperfections caused by acne scars.

Besides acne scars, this procedure also works well for large pores, sagging skin, fine lines, melasma (dark pigmentation) and wrinkles. Your dermatologist will clean and anesthetize the area that has to be treated before penetrating it with needles.

How safe is the treatment?
Many people consider laser treatments to be unsafe. They feel heat or energy waves may damage your skin instead of repairing it. But with Microneedle Radiofrequency treatment, you can rest assured that the results are extremely safe and effective. According to a recent study, 3-4 sessions of Microneedle Radiofrequency treatment can effectively improve your acne scars by up to 75%.

Are there any side effects for the treatment?
The greatest advantage of a Microneedle Radiofrequency treatment is that, it comes with very little or no side effects. Since it’s not a surgical procedure, your skin does not take long to heal. Once the treatment is done, you can expect recovery in no time. The side effects are typically short-lived. You may only feel a temporary tingling or numbness.

Microneedle Radiofrequency treatment yields best results in about 90% of the cases. The remaining 10% depends on the skin condition of the individual. If you’re prone to allergy or breakouts, then consult your doctor for proper medications.

4924 people found this helpful