What is healthy BMI?
Adult BMI refers to the range of percentage of fats in the body that varies according to the age and height of individuals. Usually, the people are considered to be healthy if their BMI lies within the range of 18.5-25. The individuals are considered to be underweight when the BMI is less than 18.5.
On the other hand, the individuals who have BMI in the range 25-30 are considered to be in the overweighed category. Those individuals who possess BMI Rate higher than 30 are in the category of obese people and such people are more prone to getting diseases such as cardiovascular diseases. Although this is a general classification of BMI Ranges, but in certain cases, there can be exceptions such as the athletes are considered to be overweighed due to their muscle mass even when they take care of their fitness. So, such people should take proper diet recommendations from their nutritionist in order to maintain the fat balance in their body.
Health tips to maintain your body mass index
- If you are qualifying in the category of being overweighed, then your primary goal should be to reduce the weight. Increased body weight can lead to variety of problems such as elevated blood pressure, lower good cholesterol, higher bad cholesterol, heart disease risks, diabetes risk, and other issues. It is because the fat tissues carry out a lot of important functions such as metabolism regulation and functioning of immune system and tumor development by secreting variety of hormones and inflammatory substances.
- If you are an obese person, then you should follow 20% physical activity and 80% good customized diet with smart eating which prevents you from following unwanted and senseless restrictions to lose weight.
- You should aim at reducing about 10 percent from your starting weight (excess fat loss) when you begin to work out. So, the time taken to reduce weight depends upon the amount of weight with which you begin and the intensity of your workout plan. Do not forget to make a count of your calorie intake because if this is inappropriate, then the results will be slow.
- Once you have reduced your weight, then you should recommend your health practitioner in order to maintain the weight. Your health provider may recommend dietary therapy, physical involvement and behavioral therapy for continuing the maintenance of weight.
- You need to have a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain your weight loss at least for initial six months.
- Those who are extremely over weight people, they need to keep patience in order to reach their goal with good lifestyle as that is the only key to preserve your weight for long term.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!