The age of 18 is the transition stage between childhood and adulthood. During adolescent period, several hormonal changes take place within the human body. It indeed is good news that an individual During grow 2 to 6 inches taller even after turning 18. Scientists have discovered that the human body is capable to further grow and develop. Therefore, there is a possibility to increase height with some external help.
How to Increase Height after 18 Years?
Though, it is possible to increase height after the age of 18 years, extra effort is required in order to reap positive results as the development of the body slows down gradually. It’s a well known fact that nutrition is imperative for further growth and development, most importantly natural height gain. In addition to this, a number of other factors should also be taken into consideration to trigger height growth after attaining the age of 18.
1. Healthy Breakfast: It is recommended to have a healthy breakfast. Skipping breakfast is not at all a healthy option for your growth and hence your height. Having proper breakfast boosts your metabolism and thus has a positive effect on your height.
2. Proper Nutrition: Proper nutrition is absolutely vital for a healthy body. Most people fail to reach their maximum height due to inadequate nutrition. To get proper nutrition, it is necessary to follow a balanced diet. Consumption of essential nutrients provides the required stimulus for increasing the body height both naturally and medically. Apart from these points, including food items rich in zinc, manganese and phosphorus also contributes to your growth.
3. Have Adequate Sleep and Rest: Proper sleep and rest plays a vital role in overall growth and development. Teenagers require at least 8.5 to 11 hours of sleep every night. This is because the body grows and regenerates tissues during sleep. Moreover, human growth hormone, which is responsible for increasing height, is produced while sleeping. Hence, proper sleep and rest are mandatory for height gain.
4. Frequent, Smaller Meals: Have six small meals in a day instead of three in order to boost your metabolism. The results of your height gain regime and the amount of human growth hormone produced depends on what you eat. Therefore, it is important to ensure that you are getting the necessary vitamins and minerals required for attaining full height naturally.
5. Exercise and Yoga Regime: Exercise is a vital factor in increasing your height. Simple exercises like skipping, hanging from an overhead bar and stretching the body by standing on your toes should be part of your daily workout routine. Additionally, sporting activities like basketball, football and swimming are also beneficial for increasing height. Yoga is also very effective.
8. Avoid Growth Inhibitors: Teenagers often adopt the habit of smoking and drinking without realizing the adverse effects on their growth. Antibiotics, drugs, cigarettes and alcohol act as growth inhibitors; therefore, avoid them to grow taller naturally.
9. Practice Good Posture: A good posture plays a vital role in the development of your height. Always try to keep your head and neck aligned in a straight posture. Bending and slouching causes your spinal cord to suppress normal height.
10. Avoid Smoking and Drinking: Indulging in smoking and drinking suppresses your primary growth. It initiates your secondary growth which adversely affects your height. Hence, it is better to refrain from immoral activities.
Here are all the tips on how to increase height after 18 in women. Fortunately, it is possible to increase height after 18 years is possible by following the above-mentioned steps. In spite of this, if your height has not increased much in between the time before and after puberty, it advisable to get medical help in order to get to the root of the problem.