The skin is a delicate organ. And it has to stand so much damage. From the sun to harsh chemicals in makeup and all of this can damage the skin.
As you grow old, so does your skin. The most common problem before the twenties is acne; red, painful bumps on the skin that show up when you least wanted them. A good face wash and a topical cream would take care of that then. But you start running out of luck when puberty ends and your 20s begin.
Changes start occurring as early as 20. Skin will change regardless of your external circumstances. Collagen production lowers by 1 percent. The collagen provides for skin elasticity. When elasticity reduces gradually over time, your skin starts showing visible signs of aging. Even the skin's natural exfoliation process reduces in your 20s. Your skin has started the process towards aging while you are still young and in college!
You can keep the following tips in mind if you want to help your skin fight aging from your 20s:
- The study has found that there are five landmark ages for aging. The 20s is the first landmark. Natural production of antioxidants declines in your 20s. Hence, using products with ingredients like vitamin C, green tea concentrate, vitamin E and fruit acids can prove to be beneficial.
- Start using an eye cream in your 20s. The skin around your eyes is thinner than the rest of your face. Keeping it nourished and hydrated will prevent wrinkles.
- Don't forget to moisturize your neck. Your neck is an extension of your face. Your neck gets premature folds from looking down at phone screens too much. This is a modern problem; thus your neck needs care too.
- Don't smoke since smoking affects collagen production.
- Sunscreen is a must as you enter your 20s. Skin damage from sun exposure leads to premature aging. So keep applying sunscreen religiously! It will go a long way in keeping your skin youthful.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!