Endometrial cancer is a kind of cancer which can be traced in the uterus. Now, the uterus is the hollow pear-shaped pelvic organ which is a very important part of the women body. It is the uterus where development of the fetal occurs and the cancer affects the cells of this organ. The cancer begins in the cells which form the endometrium of the uterus or the inner lining. Endometrial cancer is usually easy detectable because it causes heavy and abnormal vaginal bleeding.
Endometrial cancer is sometimes even known by the name of uterine cancer. The uterus is prone to other types of cancer apart from the endometrial cancer as well like the uterine sarcoma. However, this cancer is much more rare when compared to the previous one.
Symptoms - There are some easily identifiable symptoms which will help you to understand whether you are suffering from Endometrial cancer or not. Here are some of them:
● The woman may experience vaginal bleeding after her menopause stages.
● She may observe irregular bleeding which can be heavy or mild between her periods.
● Endometrial cancer is also identified when there is abnormal, watery or blood-tinged discharge of fluid from the vagina.
● The woman may also experience acute pain in and around the pelvic region frequently.
So these are the symptoms of Endometrial cancer which you should be knowing of. If you experience any of these symptoms, then make sure that you visit a doctor quickly.
Causes - It is still not clear as to why Endometrial cancer is caused. However, doctors suspect that because of some genetical mutation within the endometrial cells which are present in the lining of the uterus. the cancer is caused. Due to the genetic mutation, the healthy and abnormal endometrial cells turns abnormal. Healthy cells grow at a rate which is at par with it's dying rate. But abnormal cells grow uncontrollably and do not die at the same time. That is the reason why, these abnormal cells start growing and eventually forms a tumor which becomes carcinogenic. These cancerous cells later on attack the other tissues and organs around the area and eventually it spreads.
Risk Factors - There are different kinds of risk factors present in endometrial cancer. Therefore you should be well aware of those risks and proceed with the treatment.
● More Years Of Menstruation - When the menstruation starts at an early age which is usually before the age of 12, the risk of endometrial cancer is much more. This is because the more number of period you have experienced the more exposure your endometrium has had with estrogen.
● Never Been Pregnant - Women who have never conceived or been pregnant before in their lives are more likely to be affected with endometrial cancer.
● Obesity and Older Age - If the women is suffering from obesity or overweight or else have become older, usually more than 50 years of age, then they are more likely to suffer from this cancer.
So these are the most important information which you should be knowing about endometrial cancer.