The human lungs are an intricate and a vital organ of the body. This organ is responsible for filtering the air you breathe, separating the oxygen and infusing it in the blood to be used by the body. The lungs have multiple tube-like structures within it, known as the bronchial tubes. The lining of these tubes may become inflamed due to a bacterial or viral infection and thus result in bronchitis. However, a significant percentage of bronchial inflammation or bronchitis is also caused by allergies. Inflammation causes swelling which not only results in breathing difficulties, but also causes other problems as well such as excess production of mucus, painful coughing and heaviness in the chest area, etc.
Homeopathic approach towards curing allergic bronchitis
Homeopathy is a form of medication which is symptom based and takes into account the general disposition of the person along with the apparent symptoms. Thus, prescribing medications also differs according to the differences in each patient. Some of the more well-known homeopathic medications usually prescribed are mentioned below. However, you should consult a homeopathic doctor first as they would be able to evaluate your condition best and then prescribe the correct medications accordingly.
- Arsenica Album: This medication is usually prescribed for people who have general weakness in the body that accompanies bronchitis. Some of the other indications wherein Arsenica Album may be prescribed may include restlessness and increased coughing after midnight and wheezing.
- Antimonium Tartaricum: This is another very effective medication when there is rattling in the chest. However, although you can feel a lot of mucus within, very little of it tends to come out. Antimonium Tartaricum is very effective in such cases. Another indication for this medication is the worsening of the coughing after eating.
- Pulsatilla: If you have a lot of mucosal discharge after coughing which is yellow to greenish in color, then Pulsatilla may be prescribed for you. Some of the other indications wherein Pulsatilla is usually prescribed are a lack of thirst and the cough worsening while lying down which may force you to sit up. Cough also tends to be loose in the morning and becomes drier in the evening.
- Bryonia: Another allrounder medication very effective in treating multiple disorders, Bryonia is very effective in treating Bronchitis as well. Some of the indications where this medication is prescribed would be – extreme thirst, dry cough, dryness of the mucosal membranes in general, pain in the head and chest while coughing and the cough starting when getting into a warmer room.
- Hepar Sulph: An overtly increased sensitivity to cold air or coldness, in general, is the prime indicator for this homeopathic medication. Any exposure to coldness immediately triggers a cough and the coughing tends to be worse in the morning. You may also rattle excessively from cold and wheezing may also be present.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!