Piles, commonly known as hemorrhoid is a condition that leads to pain, discomfort, and irritation while passing stool. It is caused due to inflammation of the veins in the lower rectum area. Piles are of two types: internal and external, one can suffer from both simultaneously. The damage in the lower rectum area is a result of aging, chronic constipation, pregnancy, diarrhea, and consuming processed food on a daily basis. Piles also lead to bleeding not just while passing the stool but anytime. It is recommended to monitor one's diet and construct a diet chat plan of food that helps to diminish the problem. Here are certain types of foods i that can help you deal with Piles better.
Best 5 Foods Items for Hemorrhoid Patients
If you are suffering from piles problem then you need to add these food items in your food diet chart plan, these food items are good for digestive health as well as help in easy passing the stool.
- Whole grains - People suffering from piles are recommended to include a lot of healthy whole grains into their diet like bran cereal, brown rice, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta. These fiber-rich foods soften the stool and help reduce the pain.
- Leafy green vegetables - Green vegetables are packed with antioxidants and nutrients that help with digestion. Strengthening the digestive system is important while treating piles. Broccoli, sprouts, carrots, Brussels, cabbage, tomato, asparagus, cauliflower, onions, cucumber are some of the vegetables that one should consume while battling piles.
- Fruits - Fruits are high in nutrients and contain fiber, minerals, and vitamins that help to regulate the bowel movement. Fruits that can be eaten with their skin on like apples, prunes, raisins, grapes, berries are full of fiber and are very beneficial. The ones that have to be eaten without the skin are good too, for example, papaya, banana, oranges.
- Beans - Beans are high in fiber content and should be included in regular meals of a piles patient. Kidney, black, lima, navy beans, black-eyed peas, legumes are some good options.
- Water - Although it is not a food, water is an important ingredient when it comes to treating piles. It is advisable to drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily which helps with the smooth functioning of the bowel movement.
Update From Lybrate: To keep your Gut Health on track and to avoid constipation and gastric troubles, we suggest you buy Gut Care products available on Lybrate at affordable prices.