It is true that the foods you eat cannot get back your eyesight. It is also true that the foods that you eat can never increase your vision powers. Then you might ask why go through all the trouble of writing articles which state the foods that are beneficial for vision.
A well-made point! But the real truth is while the foods cannot affect the performance of your vision; there are many foods that are needed to maintain a healthy vision. These foods are beneficial and are necessary to preserve the line of sight and are also valuable in sustaining them further damage. Let us give them a thought in detail
Vitamins A, C, and E form the main components when it comes to vision. Always choose a food that has ample doses of these substances and makes it a regular habit. Some of the foods that are high in them are:
- Bell Peppers: Not many people know that the brightly coloured bell peppers are a nutritional powerhouse that could help reduce the risk of poor vision. They have ample quantities of Vitamin A and C and in addition to that bell peppers are fat-free, low-calorie, and contain fiber. Give them a shot and see the benefits in the long run.
- Carrots: There cannot be an article written about eye sight without the mention of carrots. They have rich traces of Vitamin A and they help to reduce the impact of both cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Try having them in its raw format rather than a cooked format to get hold of all the vitamins.
- Greens (Spinach, Kale, Leafy Vegetables): There is an age-old saying that the colour green is good for the eyes. This holds true even in the case of green vegetables. Green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich sources of vitamin C and are loaded with antioxidants. They also protect your eyes from UV rays and the direct damage to your eyes from the sun’s rays. Use it as per your imagination and you can have them in salads, soups or as a dip.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are also packed with antioxidants and they are beneficial for the overall health and wellness of your eyes health and wellness. They are also high in the soluble fiber, which can help lower cholesterol. You can simply wash them and pop those in your mouth or you can add it as a delicacy to your cereal and porridge.
- Sweet Potatoes: Just like carrots, sweet potatoes too have high carotene levels and they are effective in reducing the stress of your eyes. They also soothe your eyes to a great extent and can be beneficial in maintaining the robustness of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.