Eye burning is caused due to allergies, bacterial or viral infections, chemical irritants, dry eyes and irritants in air. It may be accompanied with itching or fluid discharge. It can also be caused by prolonged use of contact lenses, bright lights and medications.
HOW IS EYE BURNING DIAGNOSED?
The ophthalmology specialist would inspect and check your eyes to see if there’s some external component in the eyes. A retinal test might also be conducted.
HOW IS EYE BURNING TREATED?
It is always advisable to visit an ophthalmologist or Ayurvedic doctor to treat the burning sensation of the eye.
DID YOU KNOW?
Burning eyes is usually caused when one touches the eyes with hands covered with chemicals, chilli or other similar irritants.
Eyes are a precious gift that deserves all the care you may give it. But like all other parts of the body it sometimes gets affected by different conditions like itchy eyes. Most of us at some point of life have symptoms like burning eyes, red itchy eyes, watery eyes, itchy eyelids and eye pain caused by eye allergies or other diseases that affect the eyes. It is common to find the terms burning eyes and itchy eyes used as synonyms. It is then we seek relief most prevalently eye allergies relief.
What Are the Causes of Itchy Eyes?
Behind your watery eyes or perhaps red itchy eyes lies a host of reasons which might be inclusive of:
• Dust can lead to itchy eyes.
• Windy days too may result in burning eyes.
• Exposure to the sun can result in itchy eyes too.
• Hairspray is another common cause of burning eyes.
• Age is a common source of eye trouble like burning eyes.
• Medications also may have itchy eyes as a side effect.
• Bright lights sometimes lead to burning eyes.
What Doctors Check in People with Itchy Eyes
When an ophthalmologist comes across a person experiencing burning eyes or itchy eyes he usually checks the following:
• The cornea provides a clue into the reason behind itchy eyes.
• The conjunctiva is also paid close attention in case of itchy eyes.
• Eyelids are closely examined especially if there are symptoms of itchy eyelids.
• Eye motion is also measured by a doctor when a person complains about itchy eyes or burning eyes.
• The reaction of the pupil to light is observed in the case of routine check-ups and if the patient complains of burning eyes or itchy eyes.
• The eye vision is also monitored in people with itchy eyes.
What Does Itchy Eyes or Burning Eyes Mean?
The sensation that one gets when one has the feeling of burning eyes or red itchy eyes usually is a symptom of a grave malady like pink eye, dry eye, or eye allergies. Itchy eyes may also be caused by factors that depend on a person’s environment. You should consult a doctor if the condition like red itchy eyes persists or is severe.
How to Preventing Burning Eyes
In order to prevent itchy eyelids, you have a number of recourses to turn to:
• Consulting all relevant doctors who take care of you before you switch medicines. This is the preferable way to switch between medical regimens and prevent burning eyes or itchy eyelids or watery eyes.
• Eat an eye friendly diet or one that is rich in substances needed by eyes. This keeps your eye healthy and avoids burning eyes.
• Pay close attention to symptoms that arise after the initial itchy eyes and inform the doctor accordingly.
Eye allergies are often caused by:
• Exposure to outdoor allergens leads to Itchy eyelids etc.
• Exposure to indoor allergens too can flare up symptoms like watery eyes.
• Eye irritants like fuel exhaust, perfumes may also give rise to eye allergies.
Eye Allergies Relief
Eye allergies relief may be sought in therapies which involve, amongst others:
• Mast cell stabilizers often provide eye allergies relief.
• NSAID eye drops alleviated hay fever symptoms.
• Steroids are also used to ease the severity of symptoms of eye allergies and eye pain.
Eye pain may be serious. Also in the case of eye allergies you should consult these top ophthalmologists in Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad etc. with detailed information in the online resource Lybrate.
You can consult doctors online for Eye Burning from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Acharya Nagar, Allahabad Road, Arya Nagar, Azad Nagar, Bagdaudi Naramau, Baradevi and in any other locality in Kanpur.