2090+ Best Doctors for Migraine Treatment in Hyderabad
Best Doctors for Migraine Treatment in Hyderabad
Patient reviews for Doctors for Migraine Treatment in Hyderabad
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of doctor is best for Migraine?
Your doctor will probably refer you to a neurologist if you have migraines. According to studies, if you're looking for the best migraine treatment, you should find a neurologist who specializes in headache or migraine. The field of neurology has become highly specialized. In addition to subspecialists, especially in large cities and academic hubs, there are general neurologists who treat a variety of neurological conditions.
What are the treatments for Migraine?
Many migraine sufferers discover that over-the-counter pain relievers like paracetamol, aspirin, and ibuprofen can help to lessen their symptoms. Always read the directions on the packaging before using an over-the-counter pain reliever, and take the recommended dosage.
You should schedule an appointment with a GP if over-the-counter painkillers are not providing relief for your migraine symptoms. In addition to triptans and possibly anti-sickness medication, they might advise taking painkillers.
- Anti-sickness medicines
Even if you don't feel sick or have any symptoms of nausea, anti-emetics, also known as anti-sickness medications, can effectively treat migraine in some patients.
You can try acupuncture if medications are ineffective or do not work to prevent migraines.
Should I go to the doctor for Migraine in Hyderabad?
If you experience severe headaches or other symptoms that are affecting your life, a neurologist might be able to help. Ask your doctor for a suggestion. If: Your headache lasts continuously for longer than a day or two, think about scheduling an appointment with a neurologist. Your headaches frequently appear out of the blue.
How to find the best doctor for Migraine treatment in Hyderabad?
If you don't have access to a headache specialist, a neurologist with experience treating migraines is a good choice for treatment. Find the best doctor for migraine treatment in Hyderabad by using Lybrate.
What is the fastest way to relieve Migraine?
The term "acute," or "abortive," medications refers to a class of drugs that can reduce symptoms after the onset of a migraine attack. These include triptans, a class of prescription drugs, a new group of over-the-counter painkillers called aspirin and ibuprofen, and CGRP receptor antagonists.
- Put an ice pack on your neck and head
- Put some heat on your hands, feet, neck, or head
- Drink a large glass of water
- Use a breathing exercise to relax
- Massage your body
- Consider acupressure
- Drink something caffeinated
- Put some peppermint oil on
- Shut your eyes and relax
When to consult a doctor for Migraine?
A severe condition like a stroke, meningitis, or encephalitis can manifest as a headache. If you have the worst headache of your life, a sudden, severe headache, or a headache that is accompanied by any of the following, go to a hospital emergency room or dial 911 or your local emergency number.
- Speech that is unclear or difficult to understand
- A fever that is above 102 to 104 F (39 to 40 C)
- Your body experiences numbness, weakness, or paralysis on one side.
- Rigid neck
- Inability to see
- Speaking issues
- Walking difficulty
- Vomiting or nausea (if not obviously caused by the flu or a hangover)
Why you should consult a doctor for Migraine?
- Public health problems related to migraines exist. Migraines are characterized by intense pulsing, throbbing headaches that can last for several days or several hours and are frequently accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light, sound, and even movement.
- A combination of warning signs, such as tingling, light flashes, or blind spots, known as an "aura," can occasionally be felt by migraine sufferers.
- There are many different treatments available today that are aimed at reducing migraine symptoms and preventing them.
- The creation of novel therapeutic approaches, the discovery of novel drugs, and the optimization of the most efficient dosages of currently available medications are major research priorities.
Medical research studies are essential to advancing migraine prevention, treatment, and an eventual cure for all of these reasons and more.
What questions should I ask my doctor if I am suffering from Migraine?
Ask Your Doctor These Questions About Migraines
- How can I identify the exact cause of my headache?
- What information should I record in a headache journal?
- Do any of my medications, such as birth control pills, have the potential to exacerbate my migraines?
- Is there a possibility that my migraine symptoms will disappear in a few years?
- Where do you suppose my headaches are coming from?
- What tests could I possibly need to diagnose my headaches?
- Could any of the medications I take be causing my headaches to get worse?
- How frequently will my headaches likely occur?
- What options do I have for treatment?
- Do over-the-counter medications work just as well?
What is the cost of Migraine treatment in Hyderabad?
The two main types of treatment for migraines are abortive, which means it stops an attack that is already underway, and preventive, which means it stops a migraine from the beginning. The type of treatment a migraineur chooses will affect the cost of treatment in Hyderabad. Compared to over-the-counter medications, which are inexpensive, Botox treatments can run between INR 40000 and INR 50000.