Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Mallige Nagar, Hubli-Dharwad. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Doctors for Progressive Supranuclear Palsy in Mallige Nagar, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
PROGRESSIVE SUPRANUCLEAR PALSY
Progressive supranuclear palsy, also called Steele-Richardson-Olszewski syndrome, is an uncommon brain disorder that causes serious problems with walking, balance and eye movements. The disorder results from deterioration of cells in areas of your brain that control body movement and thinking. The signs and symptoms include:
• Stiffness and awkward movements
• Problems with speech and swallowing
• Sensitivity to light
• Sleep disturbances
• Loss of interest in pleasurable activities
• Impulsive behavior, possibly including laughing or crying for no reason
• Difficulties with memory, reasoning, problem-solving and decision-making
• Depression and anxiety
• A surprised or frightened facial expression, resulting from rigid facial muscles
HOW IS PROGRESSIVE SUPRANUCLEAR PALSY DIAGNOSED?
The diagnosis for Progressive Supranuclear Palsy is quite difficult and the Neurologist will have to use differential diagnoses to conclude the exact nature of the disease and start the treatment. Another reason for the difficulty is due to the slow and progressive development of the symptoms.
HOW IS PROGRESSIVE SUPRANUCLEAR PALSY TREATED?
Although there is no cure for this disease, symptoms can be treated with the following medications:
1. Parkinson’s disease medications
2. Botulinum toxin type A (Botox)
3. Eyeglasses with bifocal or prism lenses
4. Speech and swallowing evaluations
5. Physical therapy and occupational therapy
DID YOU KNOW?
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy worsens over time and can be life-threatening.