Doctors for Bleeding Gums in Median Road, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Bleeding gums are most often a sign of gum disease, but can also point to a number of other health problems as well. It could be a sign of serious medical conditions like leukemia and bleeding and platelet disorders. Occasional bleeding could be due to rigorous brushing of the teeth. People who follow poor dental hygiene have bacterial deposits and plaque on the teeth. These bacteria may cause gums inflammation which is red, swollen or bleeding gums.
HOW IS BLEEDING GUMS DIAGNOSED?
A periodontist diagnoses the bleeding gums by carefully examining the oral cavity
HOW IS BLEEDING GUMS TREATED?
• Have a periodic dental check-up to remove plaque regularly.
• Gently brush teeth with a soft-bristled tooth brush twice a day, as dental hygiene is important.
• Avoid tobacco and other related products, which can aggravate bleeding gums.
• Apply pressure directly on the gums with a gauze pad soaked in ice water to avoid gum bleeding.
• In case of vitamin deficiency, use vitamin supplements as prescribed by the doctor.
DID YOU KNOW?
Bleeding gums is an indication of more serious problems sometimes