Dentist is excellent, he did a root canal treatment. He thoroughly explained me the procedure which helped me get rid of my fea... Read more reviews
Malocclusion is a dental disorder characterized by misalignment of teeth. Malocclusion could be crowded teeth, crossbite, overbite and open bite. Symptoms of malocclusion are:
• Improper alignment of teeth
• Alteration in facial appearance
• Frequent biting of inner cheeks or tongue
• Discomfort while chewing or biting
• Speech issues
• Breathing through mouth rather than nose
HOW IS MALOCCLUSION DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis can be done by a dentist who would do an Xray to check this alignment and also examine the mouth to see the formation of the teeth.
HOW IS MALOCCLUSION TREATED?
Mild Malocclusion does not require treatment. Depending on the type and severity of malocclusion, the dentist may recommend:
• Braces for correcting position
• Removal of teeth
• Reshaping, bonding and capping of teeth
• Wires or plates to stabilize jaw bone
• Surgery to reshape jaw
DID YOU KNOW?
The cause of most cases of this disorder are hereditary but limiting the use of pacifiers in babies could reduce the risk of malocclusion.