The Eye Burning is essentially a burning sensation in the eye and it is a common problem in every age group. Although it is easy to determine the symptoms of Eye Burning as eye pain, itching, discharge, redness, watery eye, but its causes can range from the simple to the complex. The Eye Burning, in most cases, is a symptom of different eye conditions such as Conjunctivitis, Pink Eye, Dry Eye, Photophobia, and many more.
HOW IS EYE BURNING DIAGNOSED?
If the burning sensation in your eyes persists for more than a few days, meet your ophthalmologist, who may perform Slit lamp exam, eyelid, eye motion, reaction of your pupils to light and visual field exam to find the root cause.
HOW IS EYE BURNING TREATED?
Treatment for eye burning involves separating yourself from the cause of burning. If there is an underlying infection causing burning eyes, then that needs to be treated. Artificial tears may provide relief from the burning sensation.
DID YOU KNOW?
You can prevent the spread of an eye infection to others by washing your hands thoroughly after touching your eyes. You can also prevent the spread of the infection from one eye to the other by washing your hands after touching the infected eye or any other facial area.
You must admit life without vision would rob it off much of its considerable glory. So we must cultivate the practice of taking good care of this sensitive organ. Itchy eyes or burning eyes may be the symptom of a host of diseases ranging from the mild to the severe. Burning eyes are often accompanied by red itchy eyes, eye pain, discharges from the eyes or simply watery eyes. Burning eyes are also often termed as itchy eyes and used synonymously.
Causes of Itchy Eyes
Itchy eyes may be caused by several factors which include:
• Allergies may result in itchy eyes.
• Seasonal allergies may also be the culprit behind burning eyes.
• Itchy eyes are also caused by hay fever.
• Bacterial conjunctivitis is also accompanied by itchy eyes.
• Viral conjunctivitis is characterized by itchy eyes.
• Other sorts of infections may lead to burning eyes.
Simple Cures of Itchy Eyes
There are some simple home remedies for burning eyes or itchy eyes. They include:
• Give cold compression to soothe the itchy eyes.
• If crusts have developed in your eyes apply warm compression. In the case of crusts due to itchy eyes, you can use a cotton applicator with a little bit of baby shampoo to wash itchy eyelids.
• Itchy eyes or burning eyes or otherwise irritated eyes are remedied well with artificial tears. These should be used from four to six times in a day.
When to Contact an Ophthalmologist for Itchy Eyes
You know it is time to consult a doctor if your itchy eyes aggravate to display:
• Thick discharges that are greenish in color or is pus-like. Such burning eyes conditions result in cases of conjunctivitis caused by bacteria.
• You have been experiencing more than normal eye pain or your eyes become sensitive to light which started as itchy eyes.
Be Prepared to Answer These Questions Regarding Your Itchy Eyelids
The doctor may ask the following questions to treat your red itchy eyes:
• The appearance of the eye drainage from your red itchy eyes
• The time the problem of the itchy or watery eyes started.
• Is the itchy eyes symptom present in both of the eyes?
Treatment of Burning Eyes
You doctor may treat the symptom with:
• Lubricating eye drops which work well for burning eyes as well as dry eyes.
• Burning eyes due to allergies are usually treated with antihistamine eye drops to provide eye allergies relief.
You know your burning eyes are caused by eye allergies when it is accompanied by other symptoms of eyes like sneezing, watery eyes, swollen and itchy eyelids. Eye allergies are also known to have a part in some eye infections.
Eye Allergies Relief
• Prevent the need for eye allergies relief by avoiding triggers of eye allergies.
• Over the counter medications may also reduce the irritation caused by eye allergies.
• Consult a doctor to get prescription medicines for eye allergies.
If you have troublesome eye pain or suspect eye allergies consult these top ophthalmologists in Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Delhi etc. provided by Lybrate. Make all your troubles with eye allergies a thing of the past.