Yoga is the healing system par excellence. It can help all of us stay healthy without medicines and surgeries. It is also the go-to modality for spiritual and mental peace. The selection of yoga asanas for different age groups is extremely critical in yoga. How asanas are done, at what time and for how long are some of the basics that matter a lot too.
Here are a few easy-to-do asanas for three different age groups:
Before the age of seven, children should not do yoga. This is because their heart’s capacity to pump blood is limited and it may not be able to handle the heightened load during practice.
1. Virabhadrasana: This asana strengthens the muscles of the legs and makes leg and back muscles flexible. It tones the abdominal organs too. It helps children be active and fit.
2. Naukasana: This asana works on the muscular, digestive, circulatory, nervous and hormonal systems, and gets rid of belly fat.
1. Sukhasana: This asana is excellent to calm and soothe. It eliminates anxiety.
2. Trikonasana: This is a very good pose for the spine and pelvis. It cures a backache and is good for digestion.
Age- 35 and above
1. Vajrasana: It improves blood supply to upper torso and head and builds stamina. Excellent for digestion and can be done on a full stomach.
2. Halasana: Cervical spondylosis, back pain and shoulder stiffness can all be cured through this asana. It is very useful for menopausal women too.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.