There is nothing more attractive than a voluptuous mouth bearing bee-stung lips. This is usually known as a natural pout which adds a certain charm to your smile. But what happens when your lips are too thin and you do not have a pout? There are many ways to alter the look of your mouth with the help of lip gloss and tricks of make-up. But these are not permanent solutions.
For a more permanent and long-lasting pout that will look natural, you can go for a cosmetic procedure that will be conducted by a cosmetic surgeon. Here are the details of this kind of procedure which can give your thin lips a beautiful pout.
- Lip augmentation: This kind of procedure involves the administration of fillers that will plump up the lips by giving them some extra volume. This volume will be spread proportionately throughout the mouth so that the proportions and the shape also remain intact. This will give you a well-defined pout.
- Substances: These fillers can be of various types, and made up of various substances. Synthetic dermal fillers are the most popular choice in this regard, and they are known to consist of hyaluronic acid or HA, which can give you volume and definition. This substance is usually found in the tissues of your body as well as the skin and its cartilage. Perlane and restylane may also be used.
- Procedure: The procedure is simple enough where the area will first be numbed with the help of mild anesthesia. Thereafter, the injection will be administered in small doses. The effect of the injection usually lasts for a period of six months, after which it will have to be renewed.
- Side effects: Like most procedures, this one too has a few side effects and risks that can be taken care of by the cosmetic surgeon who will administer the fillers. There will be minimal bruising, swelling and even a little bleeding right after the procedure. The patient will usually be asked to keep some ice packs ready so that this problem may be tackled easily at home. However, if the problem persists or gets worse instead of subsiding after a few days or a week, it may be time to go to the doctor to have it checked again.
- Protection: It is important to protect your skin after such a procedure. Ensure that you stay indoors for a few days, and even then, you must apply a good sun block when you to step out. You will also need to keep your skin and face well moisturised so that the lips do not become dry or chapped.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!