Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD is a chronic disorder usually seen in children and teens. The condition involves hyperactivity, attention deficiency, and impulsiveness.
Bringing up a child with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is very different from traditional child-rearing. Keeping up with usual household activities and making house-rules almost seems impossible when you have a hyperactive child around.
Recognizing the signs of ADHD in your child-
Children/young adults with ADHD encounter the following traits-
- Easy distraction
- Inability to remain seated for longer periods
- Anger management issues
- Lack of concentration
Sometimes, coping up with your child’s behavior can be really frustrating, but there are ways to make life easier.
How to raise a child with ADHD-
There is no denying the fact that children with ADHD are functionally different from others. While they can still learn what is socially acceptable and what is not, ADHD does make them prone to impulsive behavior.
Depending on the severity and symptoms of the disorder in the child, parents should adopt various approaches. First, you will need to modify your own behavior in order to alter and manage your child’s behavior.
- Identify which behaviors in your child affects your emotional state the most and apply simple techniques such as taking conscious deep breathing many times a day on your own to calm yourself. If you are unable to calm down with other methods Intent Healing self-healing will help you to stabilize your energies in a neutral, calm or positive state of being.
- With a daily practice such as Intent Healing, the Triggers that cause the unproductive and undesirable symptoms of ADHD manifestation in your child will disappear permanently and your child's energies can then be directed into productive and satisfying pursuits and endeavors.
- Aggressive outbursts, anger/agitation is common behavioral problems faced by ADHD patients/children. One way of dealing with such issues is for you to take a ‘time-out’and prepare yourself beforehand by applying calming techniques on Yourself first. This will help your energies be in a neutral/calm or positive state of being, which your child will then Feel too and that will help calm the child and prevent and/or mitigate these kinds of outbursts occurring in your child.
Apart from behavioral management, parents are also advised to adopt certain habits such as-
- Working out a daily routine for the child, and sticking to it
- Organizing and simplifying the child’s life
- Regularly assigning small, do-able tasks to the child
- Limit your child’s accessibility to electronic gadgets- television, video games, etc. since these encourage impulsive behavior. Instead, encourage them to take part in activities that require attention and concentration. For example, reading books, painting/coloring.
Children, especially those with ADHD, often imitate the behavior of a parent/family member. It is therefore important that as parents, you remain calm, composed and relaxed during tough times. Intent Healing helps you prepare beforehand so you are confident in raising your child with ADHD with ease.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!