Hemorrhoids are commonly known as piles. They are swollen blood vessels or blood clots in or around the anus and rectum. The veins are located in the lowest part of the rectum and the anus and in some instances they can swell which makes the vein walls to stretch. This, in turn, can restrict or irritate the passing of the bowel movements. Piles can be broadly classified into two general categories internal and external.
While there are many treatment plans of curing piles, nothing can come near the age-old treatments in curing piles. The treatment focuses on curing the symptoms from within and concentrates on the root cause of the problem. This makes it more efficient as far as the treatment is considered and it drastically reduces the chances of haemorrhoids from occurring again. While there are some medications as a part of treatments, it is also mandatory that one must follow a strict diet regime for the treatment to be a success. The diet rule is also very much needed for the treatment to be a success.
Let us look at the diet plan that is needed for a treatment against piles/Fistula. You can consult with your doctor to get to know more about this.
- Breakfast: Dalia (sweet or salty depending on individual’s choice), Milk without fat, Tea, Toast, Chapati, Mix veg., Brown bread, Sprouts, Fruits like apple etc.
- Lunch: Chapatis, Cooked mixed vegetables, Daal (cooked pulses), Boiled rice, Takra (Buttermilk), Salad prepared from onion, tomato, radish, turnip, carrots, papaya etc.
- Evening Tea/snacks: Tea or coffee, Toasts, Dry fruits, Biscuits, roasted popcorns or any other light food item can be taken.
- Dinner: Chapatis, cooked vegetables, Daal (cooked pulse), salad
Impartant food items you must note
- Avoid taking curd or buttermilk in dinner.
- At bedtime, lukewarm milk with a few drops of honey can be taken.
- Flour with Mixed grains flour like wheat, barley, gram, soybeans etc. However, wheat flour with husk (without refining) can also be used.
- Pulses, such as moong, masoor, gram, soybean etc. can be eaten
- Vegetables like bottle gourd, radish, turnip, cabbage, cauliflower, raw green papaya, carrot, fenugreek leaves, chenopodium leaves, spinach leaves, tomato, potato and other green leafy vegetables.
- Fruits such as papaya, coconut, apple, litchi, figs, watermelon, orange, guava etc. are good.
- Liquids and juices for example coconut water, bottle gourd juice, apple juice, mixed fruit juice, aloe vera juice, trifala ras, wheat grass juice etc. can be taken
- Dry fruits like almonds, pistachio, dried grapes etc.
- Spices that can be consumed turmeric, coriander powder, fenugreek, cummin seeds, ajwain, saunf etc.
- Ghee and cooking oils like Cow’s ghee, mustard oil, olive oil, groundnuts’ oil, soybean’s oil etc. can be used
- Have plenty of fluids including water.
- Avoid the intake of Tea and Coffee.
- Avoid non-veg. and junk/spicy food items.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol and also do not indulge in chewing of tobacco products.
- Always ensure to follow the instructions of your physician strictly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!