Pout lips are those lips which are fully or semi-puckered and can be used to express either real or mock dissatisfaction by pouting. Pouting can be done by pushing one’s lips or one’s bottom lip forward as an expression of annoyance or in order to entice people of the opposite sex.
Women at times tend to feel that their lips are darker as compared to their faces. A perfect pink pout is what they desire. There are numerous women all over the world, who have a fascination towards giving a pinkish look to their lips, hence making them perfect for pouts.
Some of the recommendations in dermatology, if followed, can result in getting your lips lightened up and make them pout friendly.
Dermatologist Recommended Tips to Get Pout Lips
- Women Should Stop Licking Their Lips: A lot of women, with dry lips would have excess skin, which will let the pout have a rough, uneven and discoloured look. This gets even worse if you start licking your lips. Apparently it would seem as if moistening the lips with saliva would help in moisturising them but in reality, that would make the lips drier. Getting rid of this habit would invariably make the lips look much better over a period of time.
- Application of Lip Balm: Applying lip balm on the lips is a much better option, to relieve your lips from getting dry than to use your own saliva. It will prevent the lips from losing their natural moisture. Lips would also get the much needed hydration. Most importantly, lip balm can be applied as many times a day as possible to get soft, pink lips, worthy of a pout.
- Lips Should Be Protected From Being Exposed To Sun: Women should always remember that it’s not just the skin, which can get tanned, lips can have the same problem as well. Exposing the lips to sun rays would make them dark in colour and also make them rough. Dermatologists recommend women to use sunblock, in the form of any lip balm and apply that balm on the lips before going out in the sun. Use of sunscreen lotion with SPF30, for at least 5-6 times a day would be ideal to make sure, it does not wear off.
- Use of Home-Made Lip Scrub: Creating one’s own lip scrub is another option, which women can try to make pout lips. Make a mix of sugar, honey and olive oil, then apply the mixture on your lips. This would act as a gentle scrub. After sometime, wash it off. Doing this for few times in a week would give amazing results.
- Special Treatments in Dermatology: In case the natural remedies do not work, then certain typical treatments in dermatology could be opted. Pixel Perfect or Clearlift Lasers can help lighten dark lips. Both the procedures are safe and free from any sort of pain. These are light therapies to attack the dark areas of the lips. Pixel Perfect needs 2 to 4 sittings as it works to shed the dark skin from the lips’ surface. As in Clearlift, the cells which make melanin or pigment are targeted directly, so it may take longer to show effects.