If you suffer from sleeplessness or disrupted sleep at night, you should consider undertaking Ayurvedic measures to deal with the problem. The principle of Ayurveda states that proper sleep is a very important part of maintaining a good health, and any compromise with it could lead to complications. There are several Ayurvedic principles that you can adopt in order to improve your sleep. They are as follows:
Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule
- It is important for you to be disciplined regarding your sleep.
- Your mind remains dull and slow from 6 pm to 10pm. This is an ideal time for sleeping.
- You should sleep early, which will enable you to sleep well throughout the night, and wake up early the next morning.
- Try having dinner by 7 pm. Your digestive system cools down as the sun begins to set.
- Having an early meal allows proper digestion, which is important for positive sleep.
- While eating any meal, you should not concentrate on any other thing except for food.
- Oil massage therapy, especially a massage on your feet with herbal oils, is an effective Ayurvedic remedy to improve sleep.
- There are several nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished during such an oil massage.
- Massaging relieves stress, improves your blood circulation, makes you calm and relaxed, and lets you sleep at length.
- This is another important Ayurvedic way of improving your sleep.
- You need to practice several rounds of Nadi Shodhana Pranayama on a regular basis, which involves alternate nostril breathing.
- This method helps in calming down your nervous system, soothes your mind, and thus results in a deeper and better sleep.
- Ayurvedic principles state that your wellness and health depend on a proper balance between your mind, body, and soul.
- While some people make us feel positive, other people drain us emotionally, leaving us cranky and annoyed.
- You should be mindful over whom and about what you interact with before going to sleep. Always try to stay in a positive environment away from any negative factors.
- Abstain from engrossing on social media activity, watching television, or browsing on your cell phone two hours before going to bed.
It is also necessary for you to work out on a regular basis and keep physically fit and healthy. A healthy body ensures a healthy mind, which in turn, is important for improved sleep. Avoid having coffee or any form of stimulant after 3 pm in the afternoon.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!