FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction is a very popular hair transplant technique. When this technique was introduced in 2002, it was considered as the breakthrough technique in the hair transplant industry. In the Follicular Unit Extraction method, a small ‘punch’ is used for extracting follicular units from the scalp. There is no visible scarring because the follicular units are directly extracted from the scalp one by one.
There are various advantages of this highly evolved hair transplant technique.
- Invisible Scars: In Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), linear incisions are made on the back of the head. It results in long linear scars, which are difficult to hide. However, in Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), round, small punches are made on the back of the head. These small punches which consist of one follicular unit leave dot-shaped scars on the head. It is easy to hide these dot-shaped scars as compared to the long scars from FUT. Even if you have short hair, you can easily conceal the scars from FUE. If you shave your head completely, only then will the scars be visible.
- Minimal pain: The pain after the procedure of FUE is minimal as small punches are made on the back of the head. During FUT, an incision is made particularly on the skin where hair bulbs are present. The incision can cause pain for several days. In the procedure of FUE, you won’t need medication for pain after the procedure.
- Less time for healing: The small punches do not take a lot of time for healing, unlike the long linear scars from FUT. As there are no scalpels and stitches involved in the procedure of FUE, the wounds will naturally heal within a few days.
- Natural looking hairline: You get a head full of thicker hair and a natural looking hairline after undergoing Follicular Unit Extraction treatment. The transplanted hair that you will get after FUE will look completely natural.
- Less complication: The process of FUE is not only less painful, but also has less risk of infections. Moreover, your routine won’t get disturbed as the FUE method requires only a few hours. Therefore, you can go back home the same day and get back to your normal routine.
Thus, you can see that there are so many advantages of the Follicular Unit Extraction method. Plenty of people face the problem of hair loss these days. FUE is a very successful hair transplant technique that can solve your problem easily. Therefore, if you are embarrassed because of your hair loss problem, opt for FUE.