There is no doubt about the fact that eggs are one of the most nutritious and healthy food items known to us. All over the world people include eggs as a part of their healthy breakfast diet. But, surprisingly, just like eggs, eggshells come with various nutrients too and have an array of health benefits to offer. Though, the majority of people tend to dispose of the eggshells once the edible parts are taken, just as the egg yolk or egg white, egg shells can be consumed too.
Let’s have a look at some of the major health benefits of having eggshells -
- Ensure overall good health - Studies have shown that the best way of consuming eggshells is in the form of powder. And by regularly adding this powder to the various foods one takes, he or she can easily safeguard their overall physical well-being. While the hyaluronic acid present in the eggshells can make your skin glow, the other elements of the eggshells like chondroitin, collagen, and glucosamine help in alleviating joint pains and stiffness.
- Eliminate toxic components - When it comes to cleansing the blood or eliminating harmful toxic components from it, eggshell powder can be a great solution. By having at least three glasses of eggshell powder and water mixture every day, one can effectively remove the toxic agents from the body.
- Treat thyroid glands too - You can prepare a home remedy for thyroid problems by crushing eggshells, adding lemon juice to it, storing it in the refrigerator for at least 7 days and have 1 teaspoon of it, mixed with honey, every day in an empty stomach.
- Offer a cure to Gastric Ulcer - When it comes to the most effective natural remedies for curing gastric ulcer, the use of eggshells is of great importance. The vital nutrients that the eggshells possess make them ideal for gastric ulcer conditions. A mixture of softened eggshell powder and hot milk can cure ulcer or gastritis when taken regularly.
- Make the bones strong - Calcium is one of the most important minerals in the body, to keep the bones strong and healthy, meeting the daily calcium requirement of the body becomes essential. Eggshells being among the richest sources of calcium found, including this source of pure calcium helps in making the bones stronger. Consisting of 95% calcium, the eggshells also promote healthy teeth.
As it can be observed, eggshells do have a significant nutritional worth in the maintenance of good health. Therefore, utilizing the eggshells for making a smooth eggshell powder instead of throwing them in the bins, and adding the powder to the diet certainly offers enough potential for steady maintenance of one's health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!