Excessive hair growth can be extremely unpleasant and lead to a host of cosmetic problems. One can experience this growth on the face, hands, legs, underarms, bikini line, or neck, but regardless for the place, we are always on a lookout for options to get rid of them. The glowing, smooth skin that stares at us from hoardings has changed the trends, and with advances in medical technology, this is possible too. It is not only reserved for page 3 celebrities or models and movie stars. While there are various options available for hair removal, most prefer laser, and of course, with very valid reasons.
Read on to know five reasons why laser is preferred over other hair removal techniques.
- Painless: Only those who have gone through the ordeal of waxing know how painful it is. Whether it is cold or hot wax, having it applied on the skin and then having the hair pulled out is definitely a not-a-very-pleasant experience. While it is dreaded, it also is an option to get rid of unwanted hair. So, when the laser is available, it definitely sounds like a painless dream. And what more, when you wake up, you have smooth, glowing skin free of the unwanted hair growth.
- More natural compared to other methods: Waxing pulls out the hair that is seen above the skin. While shaving leaves follicles behind but the laser works differently. It gets to the follicular level and destroys these follicles, which are responsible for the hair growth in the first place. This makes it a more natural and better way to get rid of unwanted hair, than just removing what is visible to the naked eye.
- Longer-lasting: After a round of waxing, most women start wondering when the small spikes of hair start appearing again. The same happens with shaving too. With the laser, this re-growth takes some time and so it is almost a few weeks before the hair starts growing back. Because they act on the follicles, it will take a while for new follicles to form, which can again grow hair. Laser sessions are always repeated, as the intention is to get rid of all follicles so that hair reduction is permanent. In women who do not have too much hair, they can go up to months without having to go for a repeat session.
- Cost-effective: Whether it is the hair removal creams or the regular waxing, laser works out more cost-effective than the other techniques in the long run.
- Hair treatment in between sessions: With shaving and threading, you have to wait for hair growth before going for the next session. With the laser, that is no issue at all. Go ahead with the next session, even when there is no hair growth. For women who are worried about skin changes with the weather, the treatment can start in winter and end by summer, thereby reducing exposure to the sun.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult a specialist
& get answers to your questions!