Bathing The Correct Way For Beautiful Skin!
Dr. Nimesh D Mehta
93% (173 ratings)
MD, D.V.D, MBBS
30 years experience
There are many things we do in our daily routine that can have various consequences. The state of our skin is one of these. Starting from what we eat to how we shower and what kind of a skin care regimen we follow, there are a variety of factors that can affect the way our skin behaves.
So, are you showering the right way? Find out the best way to shower if you want healthy and glowing skin that retains its elasticity for a longer time.
- Turn it to Cold - Did you know that standing under hot water for too long can actually rob moisture of your skin and make it look shrivelled? That’s right, the temperature of the water can actually make your skin good or bad. So turn the knob to cold and enjoy an energetic shower, which will leave your skin looking dewy fresh (soft and lustrous). The water should not be completely cold, as harsh temperatures can have the same effect as extremely hot water. Instead, make sure that you find the perfect room temperature or lukewarm setting with which you can shower every day.
- Showerhead - This may come as a surprise to you, but your showerhead actually determines the health of your skin. This showerhead is usually packed with dirt and grime that we know nothing about. Showering with this dirty showerhead can actually lead to a host of health issues in the long run including a slowdown of your immune system, as per the views of many doctors. So unscrew the showerhead and give it a good rinse in a mug of hot water. Use a toothbrush to easily dislodge the loose dirt and the grime that may have settled in layers. Take special care of the tiny jets, which should not get damaged while your cleaning.
- Shampoo and Conditioner - Remember to wash your hair in the right way by diluting the shampoo a little before spreading it evenly over the rest of your scalp. You should also do the same for your conditioner and let it stand for a few minutes before you wash it off.
- Exfoliation or Scrubbing - Limit this activity to a minimum for avoiding excessive erosion of the skin. Use soft foam on a daily basis, and keep the scrubbing restricted to one or two sessions a week.
- Cleansing - While the bar soap is the cleanest option, the loofah (the fibrous interior of a fruit that is dried and used as a sponge for washing the body) is not. So, if you are using a sponge on a daily basis, you will have to clean it up properly before you hang it to dry. Also, ensure that your bathroom has plenty of ventilation so that it may dry properly before your next use.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful