Autism is described as a range of disorders characterised by challenges in different social skills, verbal and nonverbal communication, repetitive behaviours etc.
According to estimates of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 1 in 37 boys and 1 in 151 girls suffer from some kind of Autism disorder. About one third of these children also suffer from mental disabilities.
Since there is a range of challenges and problems faced by different individuals, the treatment plan too is different and specific to each child. There are behavioural treatments as well as medicines for treating specific Autism symptoms. However, if patients suffering from Autism go for Homeopathy, they can expect specific as well as constitutional remedies. It can be a good option to treat Autism.
Homeopathy for Autism
Homeopathy takes care to treat autistic children as individuals as a whole. A Homeopathic doctor investigates not only the present symptoms, but also a plethora of other incidental information. This may include:
● General mental and physical constitution of the child
● Past medical history
● Medical history of parents
● Information regarding pregnancy of mother and specific incidents during pregnancy.
A Homeopathic doctor investigates all these to get to the probable cause of a specific Autism disorder. He takes a call on the remedy based on his or her final analysis of the condition of the child.
Types of Homeopathic Treatment
There are a number of treatment options in Homeopathy for Autism. The proper method depends on the specific condition of the patient. Various types of Homeopathy include Classical Homeopathy, Gemmotherapy, Homotoxicology, Heilkunst and Sequential Homeopathy.
● In classical Homeopathy, the practitioner uses a single remedy based on the history obtained from the patient and his parents as well as practitioner’s own observations of the child. The dosages depend on the severity analyzed by the doctor.
● If the practitioner thinks that there is a need to drain toxins away from the body, he may resort to gemmotherapy. In this therapy, practitioners use herbal remedies prepared from shoots or buds of young plants to remove toxins. Using this therapy, doctors can drain away toxins from cells and revive them. This process abates the indigenous cleansing property of the body and may help in rectifying some Autism traits caused by toxins and trees.
● The doctor may also resort to sequential Homeopathy, if he thinks that there is a need to treat for specific shocks and traumas like surgeries, emotional trauma etc. experienced by the mother during pregnancy.
Autisms treatment is specific to disorders. The traditional medicines used to treat some disorders may have side effects. So, homeopathy provides a safer alternative. Proper evaluation and treatment by a Homeopathic doctor of repute can reduce the severity of Autism disorders by an appreciable margin.